Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Editing over multiple books at once?

Just wondering if there is a way, or could possibly ever be a way, to select a quantity of books (eg. 10 or so) and bulk change the stylesheet, or embed fonts. I just hope it's not already a thing and I've just missed it all this time! Although I did a search and didn't find anything.

A large portion of my ebooks were put into Calibre quite a while ago, when I still had my old Hipstreet M701. On this ereader, I didn't need to embed the fonts as I now do with my Kobo. Plus it could also display in color, which tells you another little tweak I did in some books...

At the moment, to read them 'properly' I need to open them one by one, embed the fonts, make sure it doesn't have problems (as occasionally a font will fail to embed, and then I have to find out why and change/correct) and then resend it to my Kobo Aura.

It's not a big thing by any means, and if it never becomes possible that's perfectly fine, just a random question that came to mind.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The polish books tool can embed all referenced fonts in bulk. But ut cannot modify the stylesheet or add new fonts, for that do a conversion in bulk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe the Modify ePub plugin can do all three.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Thanks so much! That's the majority of the task - and the most important part too! - done. That's fantastic, especially since 90% of the time I would forget to embed until after closing editor.

For some reason, I thought Polish Books was only inside the editor, and yet now I remember seeing it before we had the editor, but back then I didn't need it. Ah well.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
MerlinMama
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe the Modify ePub plugin can do all three.
I'll have to look into that, but I think just the polish books option will do me. There might be other things that it offers that will make it worthwhile though, so we'll see Appreciate the suggestion!
Advert
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm not sure why you feel you have to embed fonts for a Kobo?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
MerlinMama
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure why you feel you have to embed fonts for a Kobo?
Well, if I don't embed, the different fonts don't show up. This happened with both my Kobo Touch and now the Kobo Aura. Had no problem with my Hipstreet.

This is just for a different font. The basic book font is fine, but if a title or newspaper article in the book shows a different font, it doesn't show up. Well, the font is the same as the base font, but sometimes with the formatting it doesn't look right, or sometimes I just know it should be different, so it bothers me. I'm weird that way.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not post a sample of a book then? If it's copyrighted use the [GUI Plugin] ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books plugin.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
MerlinMama
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Why not post a sample of a book then? If it's copyrighted use the [GUI Plugin] ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books plugin.
Um, that's really not necessary? It's not a problem for me, it was just a question.

If a book has no separate fonts, then of course embedding isn't necessary, and my initial question was just IF there was a way, not complaining because there wasn't. I hope it didn't come across that way, I thought I was clear? I figure I won't find out if I don't ask, that's all.