Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
sparker
sparker began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Calibre on Mojave "would like to control this computer using accessibility features"

I've been using Calibre on a number of systems and computers, and just upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS X 10.14.

I've had Calibre running there for a few days, and just got a pop-up window titled "Accessibility Access (Events)" that says

Quote:
Calibre would like to control this computer using accessibility features.
Grant access to this application in Security & Privacy preferences, located in Systems Preferences.
Any idea what this means. I've never seen this kind of a warning before.

Thanks!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 8.20.15 PM.png
Views:	122
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	166826  
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Qt, the toolkit calibre uses has accessibility features in it, probably comes from that. Feel free to decline the permission, as far as I know, calibre code itself does not use it for anything.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert