Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
leiropi
leiropi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Kindle as information display

Hello,

I'm thinking about adding a kindle as a display to my self built smart home assistant. I think it would be a good fit because of the low power consumption and the epaper display. I just want to display some information like the weather or a calendar which does not need to update often. I am planning to do this by displaying a simple webpage on the kindle.

Is there a way to display a website in fullscreen mode without the device going to standby? If not, is it possible to do this after jailbreaking the kindle?
Which kindle would be best for that?

Thanks for your help!
leiropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
hius07
Addict
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Kindle as weather station
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
leiropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Thanks, but this script does not display a webpage, it just displays an image.

I was asking for a way to display a webpage.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
hius07
Addict
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
WebLaunch

~ds command prevents screensaver
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kin..._Bar_Shortcuts
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
leiropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Thanks, that is was I was looking for!
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
cgriff32
cgriff32 began at the beginning.

Device: k4
Is there any way to set up a script to disable to screen saver? Either with a launcher or through an event? I'm trying to have the screensaver disabled automatically on boot.
cgriff32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriff32 View Post
Is there any way to set up a script to disable to screen saver? Either with a launcher or through an event? I'm trying to have the screensaver disabled automatically on boot.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293264

The above thread is for a KUAL extension to disable/enable sleep mode (screensaver).

The included scripts can be called however you like.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote