Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #1
Jacksaur
Jacksaur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Any hacks to start books on front cover?

Title sums it up. From what I've read, the Kindle always starts on whatever page the creator has defined as the "start". It seems I need to actually view the cover for it to work with the lock screen cover hack, and I'd prefer to be able to see the cover of the book I start without scrolling backwards every time anyway.
Is there a hack available at all that would make my Kindle ignore the listed start page and always start on the front cover? I wouldn't be averse to editing with Calibre either, though all my books are in .mobi and I'd rather not go through converting them through multiple formats every time to change it.

I'm using a Kindle Keyboard.
Jacksaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
No, unless it is a well kept secret.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert