Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@apastuszak: Only if it was updated (or already available as KF8 for supported devices).

There's an 'Updated Books' (or something like that, might be 'pending updates') link that appears on the bottom of the combo box on the 'Manage Your Kindle' page if you have books flagged for update in your Archive. I don't know when they implemented this, but it's way, way better than the stupid email requesting a reply that they used before .

It might also take a 'Sync & Check' for the Kindle to phone back home & notify Amazon that it's been updated and now handles KF8 files.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #62
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
It will be wonderful if my device no longer spontaneously reboots! I disabled Special Offers because of that problem, so maybe I'll switch them back on.
You should....there is a new special offer today only for special offer kindles!

I recently pared my archive to just under 5000 in my big account. I guess I can start grabbing free books more freely, now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #63
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wow - I never thought we'd see KF8 on the K3. Kudos to Amazon for providing a major upgrade for what is essentially a "previous generation" device.
Oh, me too. I would have loved to have KF8, but I wasn't really expecting it. I imagine K3/KK sales should pick up a bit.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #64
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
So, if I archive a book and re-download it, will I get the KF8 version?
I believe you will—if your archived ebook contains KF8 formatting. If it's an older ebook, you won't see that...and for newer ebooks, only if the publisher included the special formatting. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

My husband's ebook has some KF8 formatting, so I'm going to download the sample after I upgrade the KK and see if that shows up. I don't have an Amazon-archived copy of that title to test, though, and I'm not sure which of my other archived titles have KF8.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The overwhelming majority (I'd say at least 90%) of the books I've bought in the last few months have been KF8. Mobi-only books are becoming something of a rarity.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@DreamWriter: I don't have enough archived items to test this myself, but, yes, that seems to be the intent here, and what koland said in his post .
Koland is a she.

I have a large archive although I no longer have my K3 on my account, (Now on hubby's) I am thrill to see this fixed! Is the K3 the only Kindle to suffer from this? I can't remember.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
So, if I archive a book and re-download it, will I get the KF8 version?
I would expect you'd get the KF8 version if there is one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm hoping Amazon has fixed things for 3.4 so line-height works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #69
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Humm?

On my kk3g it seems all I can do is screen rotation and nothing else as far as fonts and other options that 3.3 had? I must be missing something?
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #70
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Does KF8 have the line height "Bug" that Jon likes to throw out in almost any Kindle Touch thread? (can't check for myself my K3 isn't with me right now)

Not that the Touch bug is a huge deal since line height can be adjusted to make things look right.

LOL, I see that while I was typing this Jon got in there with his expected bug post.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #71
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Humm?

On my kk3g it seems all I can do is screen rotation and nothing else as far as fonts and other options that 3.3 had? I must be missing something?
You must have a book open in order to access the font menu.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #72
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Blossom: Oops, fixed, thanks .

@AnemicOak/JSWolf: I'll check the line-height thing ASAP (need to check KF8 for compat. with the fonts hack, anyway ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #73
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
You must have a book open in order to access the font menu.
No , I am in the home screen, and when I press the text key the only option is rotation.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Does KF8 have the line height "Bug" that Jon likes to throw out in almost any Kindle Touch thread? (can't check for myself my K3 isn't with me right now)

Not that the Touch bug is a huge deal since line height can be adjusted to make things look right.

LOL, I see that while I was typing this Jon got in there with his expected bug post.
It's a bug on the K4 as well. The problem with KF8 is if the publisher sets a fixed line space it's can't be changed. This goes for other formatting that Mobi would just override. Still KF8 is good for certain type of books so I like having the option.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
No , I am in the home screen, and when I press the text key the only option is rotation.
It's always been this way. Open a book and the options for changing your fonts, margins...etc will show up.