Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
Hopi
Edge User

@hz_minhas

I was looking for the English site of the EBookreader store in The Netherlands and found that they have a German website selling the eDGe replacement stylus:

http://www.ebookreaderstore.de/zubehor/styli/

Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #47
guyjack
Edge User

Anyone know if there are penabled pens that are like the PHD pen/stylus pens that have a dual purpose? I am all about the multitasking tools!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
sarah11918
Edge User

I have one of those from a few years ago (pen, pencil, stylus). I can tell you that my stylus is definitely just a piece of plastic. And, since I do love fancy pencils, I periodically check to see what's new, but I haven't noticed such a thing. Don't get me started on how cool it would be if there were. . . .

Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #49
guyjack
Edge User

I am getting these once they are back in stock!! http://www.londonluggage.com/crs_penabled.htm

Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #50
guyjack
Edge User

Sorry..didn't realize they were discontinued....ugh!

But I was wondering, does this one work?

Last edited by guyjack; 03-18-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #51
Filark
Edge User

Cross "pen" looks nice! There's one for sale on ebay, U.S. only. 14 bids already with 2 days to go.
The seller's reserve isn't met yet, so go for it! (I just bought a bag for my PE on ebay. )

Last edited by Filark; 03-19-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #52
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjack View Post
Sorry..didn't realize they were discontinued....ugh!

But I was wondering, does this one work?
As far as I can tell, the pen for "Seiko Smart Pad, Cross Pad, IBM Transnote and Decrio" probably does not work. I didn't find any reference to Penabled in any of the device descriptions. I did find several places describing the pen as requiring batteries. The Penabled pens are powered by the radio field from the tablet, so it's highly likely the pen you're looking at is not compatible with the eDGe.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #53
guyjack
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
As far as I can tell, the pen for "Seiko Smart Pad, Cross Pad, IBM Transnote and Decrio" probably does not work. I didn't find any reference to Penabled in any of the device descriptions. I did find several places describing the pen as requiring batteries. The Penabled pens are powered by the radio field from the tablet, so it's highly likely the pen you're looking at is not compatible with the eDGe.
Thank you Mr. kenjennings! I just want one that is easy to grip, regular sized and penabled. I wonder why Cross discontinued theirs?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #54
paula-t
Edge User

For those who are still looking for another stylus:

Last week I received my MOTION COMPUTING L SERIES DIGITIZER PEN (UP-7110E50A).
It works splendidly. Much better grip, feel, writing smoothness than the EE plastic stylus.
I recommend it.

However, I am trying to sort out a way of hooking a string to its extreme (this I can do) and fasten it to... *somewhere?* in the Edge.
In the meanwhile, I have a pen holder inside my small Roocase carrying bag.

I am very happy with it.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #55
bcswan
Edge User

Do you think this one will work? it looks just like the other ones that work but just smaller....and cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/Penabled-Table...5606098&sr=8-3

Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #56
STL Droid
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
Both of these Penabled pens from Wacom work fine with the edge:

Penabled Tablet Pc Eraser Pen
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Wacom UP-710E-00A (UPC 753218995780)
as of 3 April, 2010, $33.88 at amazon

Penabled Tablet Pc Clip Pen
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Wacom UP-712-00AA (UPC 753218995773)
as of 3 April, 2010, $25.47 at amazon

As I understand it, "Penabled" is Wacom's designation for computer input displays which the edge uses. While many dedicated graphics tablets appear to use the same wireless/battery-less technology, I've found the pens for those tablets are rarely "Penabled" compatible. (and vice versa).

The edge (currently) does not support the eraser input of the first, more expensive pen listed above. So, the only real reason to spend more money would be if you have another device that supports the eraser and/or hope that support will be added to the edge. (Eraser support WOULD be a nice addition to the edge Journal app.) Save money and buy the cheaper Penabled pen. The cheaper one also comes with a built-in clip, so it is less likely to get lost.
The Wacom MP200 Penabled Tablet Pc Slim Pen on Amazon is $19.95 and perfeectly fits the slot on the PE

Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #57
attemptress
Edge User

I bought one of the Tablet PC Slim pens as a backup for my PE stylus a while back, and I can confirm it fits into the slot just fine. For those who want a comfy, full-size feel, it ALSO fits quite nicely into almost any 0.7 or greater mechanical pencil that has had the guts removed. 2 caveats:
1)You may need to grind down the tip of the pencil a bit (or rotate a drill bit around inside it a little) so the stylus tip will clear the barrel, but 'tisn't hard (obviously don't do either of these things with the stylus already inside the pencil casing).
2)Don't use a mechanical pencil casing with a metal cone at the tip. When I tried it, it interfered with the use of the pen on the e-ink side. My suggestion is to stick to plastic.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #58
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
For those who are still looking for another stylus:

Last week I received my MOTION COMPUTING L SERIES DIGITIZER PEN (UP-7110E50A).
I am very happy with it.
Is it this same pen?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1729W3053T57N

And does it have 5 spare tips?

Thank you hun