Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-31-2019, 06:14 PM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkindlefun View Post
Mine still hasn't let me update to 5.10.3 and I'm lay to do it manually.
Just got that one Today! Maybe I get the current on soon...

UPDATE: Some time in the past 8 hours I got the New Update [5.11.1]

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-02-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #17
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 View Post
Could someone with PW4 confirm that updating to 5.11.1 doesn't kill the jailbreak? I know the jb is practically immortal but still would like a confirmation.
JB still intact for me following PW4 upgrade to 5.11.1.
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:18 AM   #18
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7
Connoisseur
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW4 32GB (G000 T607) 5.12.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
Thank you, I updated to it and I can confirm!
3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3QVKwyNT9hR849t7 View Post
Could someone with PW4 confirm that updating to 5.11.1 doesn't kill the jailbreak? I know the jb is practically immortal but still would like a confirmation.
So you want someone else to risk his/her jailbreak yet you are not willing to do so. Not very nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #20
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So you want someone else to risk his/her jailbreak yet you are not willing to do so. Not very nice.
They didn’t ask someone to test it. Rather, it was asked if someone had already done the test, intentionally or otherwise.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #21
trantan88
trantan88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
Really? Anyone please confirm that!
My PW3 lost JB after accidentally updating to 5.11.1
trantan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #22
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trantan88 View Post
Really? Anyone please confirm that!
My PW3 lost JB after accidentally updating to 5.11.1
Jailbreak survives on any device with all firmwares including the latest version.
Just do not forget to install hotfix prior to updating.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #23
trantan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Jailbreak survives on any device with all firmwares including the latest version.
Just do not forget to install hotfix prior to updating.
The update was an accidence when I turned on Wifi. As I remember, I installed hotfix right after jailbreaking. Don't know why still lost JB.
Or do I need to install KUAL again? I cannot open it now

Last edited by trantan88; 04-23-2019 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 04-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #24
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trantan88 View Post
The update was an accidence when I turned on Wifi. As I remember, I installed hotfix right after jailbreaking. Don't know why still lost JB.
Or do I need to install KUAL again? I cannot open it now
Try to install the latetst hotfix as update, and then KUAL via mrpi.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:11 AM   #25
trantan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Try to install the latetst hotfix as update, and then KUAL via mrpi.
You saved me! The JB function works again after following your instruction.
Thank you so much!
Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
They didn’t ask someone to test it. Rather, it was asked if someone had already done the test, intentionally or otherwise.
But that's what the question means. It means..."Has anyone installed the new firmware on a jailbroken Kindle and has the jailbreak stayed in place? I would do this, but I do not want to risk losing the jailbreak."
Old 04-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've install 5.11.1 on a non-JB PW3 and all went well.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #28
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But that's what the question means. It means..."Has anyone installed the new firmware on a jailbroken Kindle and has the jailbreak stayed in place? I would do this, but I do not want to risk losing the jailbreak."
So? He’s not forcing others to take the risk for him. Rather, just asking for feedback from those who already took the risk or would have taken the risk regardless.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:26 AM   #29
dex87
dex87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If I restart my PW3 I will get FOTA?!
Kindle check for updates when device boot?
dex87 is offline   Reply With Quote