Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #181
brent63
Connoisseur
brent63 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab E nook
Cursor not keeping up with arrowing up and down file I am editing.

Deleted Fonts, no change.

Deleted CSS file, at first, very responsive, then bogged back down again.

Closed Preview Windows, speeds up.
brent63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #182
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent63 View Post
Closed Preview Windows, speeds up.
That will likely always be the case with machines that have limited ram from Sigil 0.9.11 on. I believe you mentioned yours was 4Gb?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #183
icallaci
Fanatic
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma and Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Just a quick note to say that my Windows 8.1 system has 16gb of RAM and Sigil exhibits most of the problems that brent63 has, although I have noticed that embedded fonts seems to be the main culprit. Without embedded fonts, I can usually edit for approximately an hour before I need to close Sigil and restart it, but with embedded fonts I'm lucky to get 15 minutes. And, like brent63, closing the Preview window seems to help.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #184
brent63
Connoisseur
brent63 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab E nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That will likely always be the case with machines that have limited ram from Sigil 0.9.11 on. I believe you mentioned yours was 4Gb?
Will be maxing out my laptop on 4/17. (8 Gb) Will let you know how it wroks after that.
brent63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #185
jea
jea began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy s6
When I open sigil 0.9.13 the panel Book Browser does not appear. I have to press alt-F1 and then it overlaps the text panel. Wndows 10 desktop.

Last edited by jea; 04-14-2019 at 05:17 AM.
jea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #186
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jea View Post
When I open sigil 0.9.13 the panel Book Browser does not appear. I have to press alt-F1 and then it overlaps the text panel. Wndows 10 desktop.
Double click its titlebar to dock it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #187
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
>Double click its titlebar to dock it

That's it?

OMG. Whenever the preview goes afloat, as it does sometimes, I have spent an endless time (five whole minutes perhaps) fooling with it before it behaves.

Thank you!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote