Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #16
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think it's an error. There have always been severe restrictions on shipping electronic products from amazon.com to other countries.
Yep, but the weird part is that amazon helpfully shows the “this item can be shipped to your address in Finland” with the country highlighted, on the item description page. This is the first time I have come across an error in this info.

The Amazon Global (US store “department” or something) is usually very accurate, and calculates tax etc. correctly for the default country.

Fortunately the UK store had stock, and I have an address there too.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #17
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
I don't think it's an error. There have always been severe restrictions on shipping electronic products from amazon.com to other countries.
This is true. But Kindles have always been speciel. In the past you could only buy Kindles from the US, unless you lived in an "Amazon country".

But Sirtel's experiences are very relevant and useful to me. Thank you

Edit: I decided to order, but now I can't buy the Oasis anywhere. Maybe in a couple of days.
Same error in US, UK and GE: can't dispatch to my address.

Last edited by svenlind; 11-20-2017 at 09:50 AM.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #18
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
This is true. But Kindles have always been speciel. In the past you could only buy Kindles from the US, unless you lived in an "Amazon country".

But Sirtel's experiences are very relevant and useful to me. Thank you

Edit: I decided to order, but now I can't buy the Oasis anywhere. Maybe in a couple of days.
Same error in US, UK and GE: can't dispatch to my address.
I found the same this time around, US always used to be the only source for the Kindle. And now it doesn’t work, and neither do UK or DE. US still shows as “will ship to your country”, but then fails at checkout so it makes me wonder if it is an error
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Curious. I'd suggest asking CS.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #20
JuditA
JuditA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I found the same this time around, US always used to be the only source for the Kindle. And now it doesn’t work, and neither do UK or DE. US still shows as “will ship to your country”, but then fails at checkout so it makes me wonder if it is an error
I had similar problems, then somebody mentioned that the Italian Amazon (amazon.it) might work, and it did. My new Kindle is on its way.
JuditA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #21
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hmm... I tried to buy it from amazon.de and amazon.co.uk but during checkout it says it can't send to the address. I believe it should be able to ship to Sweden.

Tried to contact CS somehow but gave up after 10 minutes....
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Hmm... I tried to buy it from amazon.de and amazon.co.uk but during checkout it says it can't send to the address. I believe it should be able to ship to Sweden.

Tried to contact CS somehow but gave up after 10 minutes....
You had trouble figuring out how to contact CS? Try this link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...=hp_gt_comp_cu
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #23
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You had trouble figuring out how to contact CS? Try this link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...=hp_gt_comp_cu
I have contacted CS via email, and as you hint it was a little difficult to find the right place.

I received quickly a very kind answer. Some of it is shown here:

Quote:
Upon reviewing your email I learn that you are unable to place new oasis to your address in Denmark. I'll do my best to help you.

<My address in Denmark was placed here>

To help you in this situation, I've forwarded your address to our Delivery performance team to make sure that we check with carrier such that you can receive the new oasis to your location.

Please be assured that once we have carrier to deliver to your address we will update you on your email address such that you can place an order.

Thank you for bringing this to my notice. Please be assured that this won't be repeated in future.

To make sure that doesn't happen again, I've escalated this to our Fulfilment centre to look into this on priority basis as we never intend to disappoint any of our valuable customers.

If you are in need of any further assistance feel free to contact us we will do whatever we can to help you.?

We look forward to seeing you soon.
I believe that more complaints will help to remedy the problem

Edit: I will of course return with any info from CS.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #24
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Amazon: unfortunately, due to licence agreements, you will not be able to ship a Kindle device from Amazon.de to a Swedish address.

What happened to EU and free market...
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #25
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Amazon: unfortunately, due to licence agreements, you will not be able to ship a Kindle device from Amazon.de to a Swedish address.

What happened to EU and free market...
Really, that's weird. I bought my Oasis 1 from Amazon.de last year...
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #26
svenlind
Fanatic

In post #23 dated 23. nov. I promised to return if there was something new.
This is unfortunately not the case. I can't buy an Oasis anywhere

In the meantime there have been several strange things happening on the various Amazon sites.

Amazon US said that the Oasis could be shipped to Denmark, but you also had to select your destination from a drop down box. Selecting Denmark would deactivate the "Buy Now" button
Now I can do "Buy now" but when it comes to specify an address I am redirected to UK.

For the time being Amazon UK and DE simply states that the device can't be shipped to Denmark.

It is fortunate that I have other ereaders.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #27
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I had no idea Amazon makes it so difficult for non American purchases! I wonder if it is the byzantine mess of international licensing, import taxation, and shipping, or if it's just some sort of hubris on Amazon's part.

At any rate, when Amazon can't sell an item due to geography, I should think directing the potential buyer to some sort of statement with some sort of "We're sorry, we DO want your business . . .BUT" message. That's the polite thing to do, and would go a long way in terms of customer relations.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #28
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Amazon germany does not ship to Denmark? what nonsense!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #29
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
Amazon germany does not ship to Denmark? what nonsense!
They do, it's only the 2017 Oasis that cannot be shipped. I think they still have stocking problems with it. But it's only a guess.

It's not taxation or licensing, because they ship other Kindles. And Amazon UK shipped my pre-ordered Oasis 2 in October without any fuss. Then only a couple of days later they put a notice up that it can't be shipped to my country anymore.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #30
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Sounds like a licensing or inspection issue. Anything else called "Oasis" in Denmark? Has the Danish government approved it for sale?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote