Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
darksky84
darksky84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire HD 7
TITLE FONT

how do i get the font Jellyka delicious cake to show up on my title and back pages as well as the first letter of each chapter? ive tried saving the title page as a jpeg and converting my document to azw3 but nothings worked id like my title page to be the same font as my cover
darksky84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have to embed the font and specify where to use it. And in the Kindle's Aa menu, you have to select publisher font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
darksky84

how would i do that? this is for an ebook im trying to publish on amazon
Old 06-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksky84 View Post
how would i do that? this is for an ebook im trying to publish on amazon
In that case, the one you want to talk to is Hitch. She knows a lot about publishing books on Amazon.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Like most Big Five publishers, I scan the paperback title page and upload a gif of it for the ebook cover. That gives me exactly what I want, ensures that the page won't be split over two pages on my iPhone 4, and allows me to use my publisher colophon without its being oversized on the K1, K2, and DX Kindles.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
darksky84

tried that to still nothing
Old 06-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
tried that to still nothing
Have you contacted Hitch yet?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
darksky84

yes i did and this is what was said:

You have to EMBED the font in the source file. You'll have to include it in a directory of some kind, typically fonts/, and then you call it in the CSS. That's the only way to do it.

but i have no idea how to do that

Last edited by darksky84; 06-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:13 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
yes i did and this is what was said:

You have to EMBED the font in the source file. You'll have to include it in a directory of some kind, typically fonts/, and then you call it in the CSS. That's the only way to do it.

but i have no idea how to do that
If you read this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ght=embed+font

...all of the necessary coding is shown there. You'll see in the OP's first post how the font is listed, in the CSS, and how it's added to a specific element, and then called in the HTML.

That should get you there. If you still cannot figure it out, you're going to have to take a few short courses at WC3School, to get the necessary knowledge so that you can make this work. Between that thread, and Pablo's tutorial--I assume you've worked through that? On the Wiki, here at MobileRead?--you should be good to go.

I and the others here never--ever--mind helping, but you need to take some whacks at it yourself, first. We can't just tell you how to do it because we don't have your files, we don't know your HTML classes, etc. It's literally impossible for us to do it for you. You'll have to try it yourself, in your files, and then ask us here for help, if you can't make it work. I don't mean to sound testy, but there are any number of threads, here in the Kindle formats subforum, that have thorough discussions about how to embed fonts in Kindle format. What Jon--Wolfie--told you is correct, I have a lot of knowledge about embedding fonts, but the "pointy end" of my knowledge isn't going to help you. Your need is at the fundamental, basic steps. So, read that thread, and then:
  1. First embed the font in the /fonts folder (AFTER you license it, don't forget);
  2. Name and identify the font in the CSS;
  3. Add the font call as needed to the relevant CSS element classes, and,
  4. lastly, when completed, load your MOBI file at the KDP, to test whether or not your font survives the KDP upload. Many do not. Testing the file at the KDP is the only way to be even remotely assured that the font will work when the book is live.

Good luck,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote