Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #31
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I loaded the firmware 15.2 beta yesterday and thought I would report back on the issue I raised in Post #21 in this thread, namely:-

Good news
:
I thought this problem had been reported too late to be considered for release 15.2. However, there has definitely been some improvement.

In release 14.2 the largest image which displayed OK in AdobeViewer was 363x469 pixels.

In 15.2, images up to 590x775 pixels display OK at Zoom levels 1-3. This is in line with the max size on a 6" Sony reader.
Bad news:
In 15.2, at zoom levels 4-6, images larger than 315x410 (approx) run off the screen edges.
In addition, I have also noticed that those EPUB side-page-numbers, which are supposed to be much smaller in v15.2, are only smaller in zoom levels 1-3, not zoom levels 4-6. Is this a "feature" or a "flaw"?

In summary, it appears that fixes to EPUB images and side-page-numbers have been "part-fixed".

You can reproduce any of the above by opening any EPUB in AdobeViewer. As you move from zoom level 3 to 4, both the images and the side-page-numbers balloon in size.
Thanks for the report. I only use steps 2-3, so I never saw this. But you're obviously right with your analysis.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #32
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
"ADE" is AdobeViewer, right? Ok, now I know that I lose bookmarks set in FBreader, also presumably the "last opened page," if I switch from FB to Adobe and then back. Other way around is probably also true. Hence one should NOT SWITCH VIEWERS ONCE A BOOK IS OPENED. PB should tell their customers that and not wait for them to discover it like this in a forum they may never have heard about!

The "soft reset" is probably the same thing I have been describing as "freezing" or "return to start page" (which also loses bookmarks) in other threads ("Bookmark glitches"). This has happened frequently to me just turning pages, both in Adobe and in FB, even after I did "Clean slate" and "Erase internal memory" and started all over. Very frustrating. I am talking about the PB 360 here.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #33
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
"ADE" is AdobeViewer, right? Ok, now I know that I lose bookmarks set in FBreader, also presumably the "last opened page," if I switch from FB to Adobe and then back. Other way around is probably also true. Hence one should NOT SWITCH VIEWERS ONCE A BOOK IS OPENED. PB should tell their customers that and not wait for them to discover it like this in a forum they may never have heard about!
You may have a point, but I think people know that if you open a file with two different incompatible programs, the settings you have used for one program won't be loaded in the other one. If I open a text file with the Notepad I won't be able to see it in a Cambria font, though I adjusted it so in a text processor like Word or OpenOffice Writer.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #34
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yep, it's logical, but dummies like me need to be told. I just read for 5 hours straight by the way, in FBreader and Epub, without doing anything but turning the pages, and during that time it restarted twice. That's tolerable, I guess, but still a pain. There is a kind of warning in that when I press the top button to turn the page, when this happens, instead of the page turning there is nothing for a second or two before I see that Bookland page again. That gives me enough time to note the page number, and I can go back to that page in the finder or whatever you call it. If I just open the book again it goes back to some previous point, which seems to be where I opened the book for the first time today -- not to any of the bookmarks, which I set regularly in the hope of keeping track in case I do not check the page number before it disappears. In any case, something is wrong. I have not added any fonts, by the way, and (today at least) have not changed either font or text size or reader.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #35
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, it's logical, but dummies like me need to be told. I just read for 5 hours straight by the way, in FBreader and Epub, without doing anything but turning the pages, and during that time it restarted twice. That's tolerable, I guess, but still a pain. There is a kind of warning in that when I press the top button to turn the page, when this happens, instead of the page turning there is nothing for a second or two before I see that Bookland page again. That gives me enough time to note the page number, and I can go back to that page in the finder or whatever you call it. If I just open the book again it goes back to some previous point, which seems to be where I opened the book for the first time today -- not to any of the bookmarks, which I set regularly in the hope of keeping track in case I do not check the page number before it disappears. In any case, something is wrong. I have not added any fonts, by the way, and (today at least) have not changed either font or text size or reader.
That's typical behaviour of the 15.1/2 firmware.
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #36
mdmorrissey
Addict

But I just checked in "About device" and it says Software version D101.14.2.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #37
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
But I just checked in "About device" and it says Software version D101.14.2.
Where are you located, md?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #38
mdmorrissey
Addict

Germany.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #39
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Germany.
If your problems continue, please send it back to us. We will check the device, repair or replace it if there are problems.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #40
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Adobeviewer and dictionary problem

Using Adobeviewer with an epub (PB360), if the words don't start at the top of the page (ie chapter start) I don't seem to get a cursor on any word and pressing directional buttons doesn't show one. Also I cannot seem to get to the last word on a page. This is with 15.2 firmware... not sure about 14.2 since I just started using the dictionary (I just started using the Oxford dictionary, Webster1913 never had the words for me)

Last edited by tselling; 06-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #41
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Using Adobeviewer with an epub, if the words don't start at the top of the page (ie chapter start) I don't seem to get a cursor on any word and pressing directional buttons doesn't show one. Also I cannot seem to get to the last word on a page. This is with 15.2 firmware... not sure about 14.2 since I just started using the dictionary (I just started using the Oxford dictionary, Webster1913 never had the words for me)
In 14.2 (PB301) I can not get the cursor on the first word of each paragraph. So it seems to be an improvement...
In 15.1 it fails both on the first and on the last word of each paragraph.
In one of my epubs, I could not use the dictionary on the whole first page of a chapter, like you described it, in another it works.

Last edited by acanthicus; 06-04-2010 at 02:29 PM.
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #42
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
PB302 running v15.2. So far I noticed short battery life (allthough I am constantly changing settings and the like, as compared to my Cybook Opus the PB302 lasts a lot less). And freezing is likely to happen easily when battery is lower than an estimated 60%.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #43
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
PB302 running v15.2. So far I noticed short battery life (allthough I am constantly changing settings and the like, as compared to my Cybook Opus the PB302 lasts a lot less). And freezing is likely to happen easily when battery is lower than an estimated 60%.
Noted. I have noticed the shorter battery life, too. I think this may be due to some active process during the "sleep" time. We are actively searching the error source.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #44
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Odd Message

I've got a PB360 and I am running the beta firmware version 15.2.

The "problem": I get an an error message when I move books within the device. For example, I'll move a book from my "To Read" folder to a main genre folder. When I select (press OK button) where I want the book to go, I get an error message at the bottom of the screen that says, "Cannot move file."

Well, the message is lying.

The file moves fine and is accessible [in the new folder] whether from the PB360 or from my computer. It is also gone from the original folder from which I moved it.

So, there is nothing wrong with the operation as it works fine. Just maybe need to change the message wording ... ?

No big deal, 'cause the process works. However, it's an oddity that may throw someone off.

Just FYI.

Marilyn

P.S. As far as I remember, I didn't see this message on either 14.2 or 15.1 firmware versions.
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
I've got a PB360 and I am running the beta firmware version 15.2.

The "problem": I get an an error message when I move books within the device. For example, I'll move a book from my "To Read" folder to a main genre folder. When I select (press OK button) where I want the book to go, I get an error message at the bottom of the screen that says, "Cannot move file."

Well, the message is lying.

The file moves fine and is accessible [in the new folder] whether from the PB360 or from my computer. It is also gone from the original folder from which I moved it.

So, there is nothing wrong with the operation as it works fine. Just maybe need to change the message wording ... ?

No big deal, 'cause the process works. However, it's an oddity that may throw someone off.

Just FYI.

Marilyn

P.S. As far as I remember, I didn't see this message on either 14.2 or 15.1 firmware versions.
Thanks. Good catch. We will have a look at that and see if we can locate the error.