Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 06:12 AM   #16
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I love the ending to that episode, but criticize it for neglecting the fact that the entire area was contaminated with radiation and that radiation sickness would've eventually killed him. Stepping on his glasses was the least of his worries.
True. Poor guy couldn't win. Immediate obliteration would have been a kinder fate.

Last edited by Froide; 03-28-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I love the ending to that episode, but criticize it for neglecting the fact that the entire area was contaminated with radiation and that radiation sickness would've eventually killed him. Stepping on his glasses was the least of his worries.
And there's no way a pumpkin could be turned into a coach for Cinderella either!

Jeeze man, The Twilight Zone was never intended to be hard science fiction.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Another favorite episode of mine was To Serve Man. I saw it after I had read Damon Knight's short story.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just stuck me that the thread title is quite amusing.

So what do the rest of Americans do with Audio books? Eat them instead of listening to them???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Another favorite episode of mine was To Serve Man. I saw it after I had read Damon Knight's short story.
Apache
That was a delicious episode
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Apache
Quote:
That was a delicious episode
I liked it so much I bought the cookbook.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #22
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
These posts about eating unexpected "substances" and deliciousness remind me of Eve Merriam's lip-smacking "How to Eat a Poem".

Last edited by Froide; 03-29-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #23
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Apache
Maybe my favorite TV episode of all time, just for the punch line.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #24
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just stuck me that the thread title is quite amusing.

So what do the rest of Americans do with Audio books? Eat them instead of listening to them???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Maybe that's why so many cozies have titles like "Death by Chocolate"
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #25
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
My husband and I have pretty much the same taste in books. I read on my Kindle exclusively, my husband listens to audio books exclusively. Now the wonderful thing is a lot of the time he has to wait months longer to get the audio version. So MUAHAHAHAHA I get to torment him.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
My husband and I have pretty much the same taste in books. I read on my Kindle exclusively, my husband listens to audio books exclusively. Now the wonderful thing is a lot of the time he has to wait months longer to get the audio version. So MUAHAHAHAHA I get to torment him.
Really? My experience has been that the audiobooks and the e-books are released on the same date.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #27
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Really? My experience has been that the audiobooks and the e-books are released on the same date.
For major authors, ie Stephen King yes but for more indy authors like Frank Tayell, James N. Cook.

I should add getting the audiobooks stocked by a library is so much slower ie Candice Fox.

Audiobooks can be very expensive.

Last edited by applesauce; 04-13-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #28
Ranny
Connoisseur
Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
For major authors, ie Stephen King yes but for more indy authors like Frank Tayell, James N. Cook.

I should add getting the audiobooks stocked by a library is so much slower ie Candice Fox.

Audiobooks can be very expensive.
With my Audible credits costing around £4.60 each and most big name, new ebook releases costing £9.99 plus, I find it cheaper to listen.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk
Ranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #29
applesauce
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
With my Audible credits costing around £4.60 each and most big name, new ebook releases costing £9.99 plus, I find it cheaper to listen.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk
I hate buying the same book twice, add that we read 2 to 4 books each a week. The cost soon adds up
Old 04-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #30
steven168
Zealot
steven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & 3
I read and listen audiobook together

borrow from my local library
steven168 is offline   Reply With Quote