Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #31981
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I saw snow flurries in Ohio in mid May once. . .
How much longer do we have to wait before global warming turns Cleveland into the tropical paradise they've been promising us all these years???
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #31982
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
How much longer do we have to wait before global warming turns Cleveland into the tropical paradise they've been promising us all these years???
That's easy, just drop a match in the Cuyahoga River. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #31983
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I once saw snow on the fourth of July at Wisconsin Dells, le'see, that would have been around 1975 or maybe a bit earlier.

We were driving a mini motorhome from South Carolina to just outside St. Paul, Minn. We had been driving all day and couldn't push through any farther, so we stopped at a campground at the Dells. By the time we got the camper set up the light drizzle had turned to sleet, then to snow. We got three or four inches accumulation. It was gone by the time we left on the next morning.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #31984
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
You just can't fight stupid. It's what Darwin is all about.
Looks interesting (passengers didn't know what to do with oxygen masks? from teaser). Anyone have a non-pay link?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #31985
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well we've just had the hottest April day in 70 plus years. Just sayin'.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #31986
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well we've just had the hottest April day in 70 plus years. Just sayin'.
Similar down here, April 5th was hottest April day (35°C) since they started keeping records about 150 years ago.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #31987
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Well I think our spring is your fall? Its been freezing cold till today
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:18 AM   #31988
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Well I think our spring is your fall? Its been freezing cold till today
We are in Spring too, but you're right, it's Fall/Autumn in Oz. We had snow not very long ago, but it has really turned the corner now.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #31989
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Mount Minnehaha on the side of the driveway is still melting, but they say that there shouldn't be more snowfall. Let's hope not. I have to buy 16 bags of mulch today because despite the snow, they couldn't delay the spring gardening sales. Don't know where to put it as the garden bed still had 8 inches of snow.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #31990
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I was preparing for a nice evening of film watching, when I heard my mother say "oh the water doesn't want to wash down the sink". Which had me running downstairs to look at a piper in the wall. And sure enough, it was leaking. Not hard, but water was coming out.

Someone, I'm not sure if it was my grandfather, great grandfather or someone who owned the building before my family, had decided to put the pipes in the wall, stuccoed in. They also had to use a connector at one point, but apparently didn't have a straight connector but used a T connector and angled the closed off the third "junction"(which isn't in use) downwards. Of course stuff collects in that third junction and every once in a while it builds up enough to block the while pipe.

Of course my father had just left for billiards and it took a while before I was able to convince my mother to call him. Last time it also happened when my father was playing billiards and she refused to call him, which upset him because it resulted on him and me unblocking the pipe until 3am in the morning. He said then that next time it happened when he was out we should contact him immediately. Not sure if he'll come home right away or not.

My mother just told me that when we took showers today she heard a bubbling and gurgling sound coming from the sink. Why she didn't say anything is a mystery to me; it's a sign there might be a problem.

I've just cleared the corner underneath the exposed pipe, which is where my father dumps stuff he doesn't want to throw away but hasn't got a place to put it. I've also looked for the bitumen tape, which works best for closing the pipes again until it's blocked again, but can't find it anywhere.

Why we don't use drain cleaner? My father believes it not only removes blockages but is also damages the pipes.

Why we don't replace the T connection? To be honest that pipe needs to be replaced, or at least a big section, which means the wall needs to be opened up, which is a lot of work. Also my father doesn't want to put any money in the building as long as the Family Thing is still going on and he doesn't own the building.

Now, I'm off to search some more for the tape. I expect it to be a late night.

One positive thing: the toilets are on a different pipe, so at least we can use and flush those.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #31991
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Went to the Taco chain I and my brother get Tacos every once in a while.

In the last month, the prices went up 16.5 percent. . .

Who said inflation is dead in the US.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #31992
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
We are in Spring too, but you're right, it's Fall/Autumn in Oz. We had snow not very long ago, but it has really turned the corner now.
Normally snow ends in late February. April is warm enough for air conditioning but not this year. We had snow last weekend
Old 04-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #31993
HLS
Wizard

Rant of all rants. I had a book I was trying to delete off my kindle and it would not delete no matter what I tried. I thought it was a side loaded book. I gave up and did a complete reset. Still there. Then I had the issue of no book covers showing so i reset it again and again to fix that. Then I realized it was actually an expired library book and all I had to do is delete from content and devices page. I drove myself to the point of insanity for nothing
Old 04-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #31994
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I was preparing for a nice evening of film watching, when I heard my mother say "oh the water doesn't want to wash down the sink". Which had me running downstairs to look at a piper in the wall. And sure enough, it was leaking. Not hard, but water was coming out.

Someone, I'm not sure if it was my grandfather, great grandfather or someone who owned the building before my family, had decided to put the pipes in the wall, stuccoed in. They also had to use a connector at one point, but apparently didn't have a straight connector but used a T connector and angled the closed off the third "junction"(which isn't in use) downwards. Of course stuff collects in that third junction and every once in a while it builds up enough to block the while pipe.

Of course my father had just left for billiards and it took a while before I was able to convince my mother to call him. Last time it also happened when my father was playing billiards and she refused to call him, which upset him because it resulted on him and me unblocking the pipe until 3am in the morning. He said then that next time it happened when he was out we should contact him immediately. Not sure if he'll come home right away or not.

My mother just told me that when we took showers today she heard a bubbling and gurgling sound coming from the sink. Why she didn't say anything is a mystery to me; it's a sign there might be a problem.

I've just cleared the corner underneath the exposed pipe, which is where my father dumps stuff he doesn't want to throw away but hasn't got a place to put it. I've also looked for the bitumen tape, which works best for closing the pipes again until it's blocked again, but can't find it anywhere.

Why we don't use drain cleaner? My father believes it not only removes blockages but is also damages the pipes.

Why we don't replace the T connection? To be honest that pipe needs to be replaced, or at least a big section, which means the wall needs to be opened up, which is a lot of work. Also my father doesn't want to put any money in the building as long as the Family Thing is still going on and he doesn't own the building.

Now, I'm off to search some more for the tape. I expect it to be a late night.

One positive thing: the toilets are on a different pipe, so at least we can use and flush those.
Strong suggestion:

Buy drain cleaner, put it in your bathroom under your girl stuff (no men ever look there!!!) and use it stealthily. BT, DT. Screw all that "oh, no, don't use that, you'll ruin the pipes!"

Granted, you have to make sure that you buy the right stuff, so that you DON'T ruin the pipes, of course, but most modern gunk is created so as not to eat the under-pad pipes.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #31995
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Strong suggestion:

Buy drain cleaner, put it in your bathroom under your girl stuff (no men ever look there!!!) and use it stealthily. BT, DT. Screw all that "oh, no, don't use that, you'll ruin the pipes!"

Granted, you have to make sure that you buy the right stuff, so that you DON'T ruin the pipes, of course, but most modern gunk is created so as not to eat the under-pad pipes.

Hitch
I think the home remedy is effective; baking soda and white vinegar, followed by boiling water. It might take a few applications but it works and even dad can't say it's harming the pipes. It's easy to keep the ingredients on hand without hiding them under the tampons, too.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness