Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
GaylaM
GaylaM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
downloading something I shouldn't have

I just posted in the Calibre forum, but I accidentally downloaded some books still in copyright in the USA. I didn't notice the warning until I had downloaded a couple. What should I do?
GaylaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
If the books are in the public domain in your country then don't worry about it. If you're in the US, it's still very unlikely that there's anything to worry about. No one is going to come after you. I'd suggest deleting the books and forgetting about it.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
Yeah. Just delete them if you aren't comfortable with illegal e-books. It's not like the e-book police are going to break into your house and say "You are arrested for downloading a couple of e-books even though it was an accident!"
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote