Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #436
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Probably too late to do any good but they finally posted my review on comment section of Walgreens page for the openbook. Maybe warn off a few new customers.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #437
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Probably too late to do any good but they finally posted my review on comment section of Walgreens page for the openbook. Maybe warn off a few new customers.
Yes, looks like they finally got someone working on the backlog of reviews and posted a bunch (mine included). I am...surprised...at the most recent one, with someone giving the unit an "A+++++++" rating, but I guess (as they say) "to each his own."
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #438
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs View Post
Yes, looks like they finally got someone working on the backlog of reviews and posted a bunch (mine included). I am...surprised...at the most recent one, with someone giving the unit an "A+++++++" rating, but I guess (as they say) "to each his own."
That is probably a fake review. The language looks suspiciously like a non-native English speaker. Hmmm, could it be someone from a certain supplier in China?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #439
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, sort of like the only listed reviews on the delstar site. I notice my review there is still completely absent.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #440
Nehovsrah
Nehovsrah began at the beginning.

Device: Delstar Openbook, iPhone 3G, HTC Dream
Upload limit reached...
Nehovsrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #441
jswinden
Nameless Being

According to the Walgreens site this item now has 11 reviewers stating they do NOT recommend it and only one that does recommend it, and the one is that questionable 5 star review probably out of China.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #442
Nehovsrah

Hey my review got on there! I upgraded the firmware with the latest one (v1.0.2) and now the book displays a loading image when opening large books. It also paginates while it's opening. I've not noticed anything else. PDF's are still images and there is no formatting for any format.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #443
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
yet another Rapidshare debacle. Won't people ever learn that Rapidshare is no good any longer?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #444
Nehovsrah

They uploaded the firmware update on the site. By the way, the problem with my openbook not being recognized may have been because of a registry issue on my pc. I tried it on another and was able to get it to be recognized.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #445
Highroller
Zealot

That's nice but until they fix the no formatting issue its not an ebook reader its a multi-use device that can display text files.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #446
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
True.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #447
Ebookinator
Ebookinator began at the beginning.

Device: Delstar Open Book
I just got one of these on ebay for $45. I have no idea why it was not returned to Wallgreens or why they were selling it so cheap in a "buy it now" auction, but they probably figured they had a piece of junk and would pass it on to someone else. Right out of the box the Delstar is buggier than a flea circus, but once I downloaded the update it seems to have fixed almost everything that was wrong with it. I really don't have a problem with the formatting (or lack thereof), I can understand why some people are annoyed with it but it's a non issue for me. I'm actually pretty happy with the reader. I would have paid a hundred bucks for it, but $45 is better!
Ebookinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #448
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookinator View Post
...buggier than a flea circus...
That's great, I'll have to remember that saying!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #449
Highroller
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookinator View Post
I just got one of these on ebay for $45. I have no idea why it was not returned to Wallgreens or why they were selling it so cheap in a "buy it now" auction, but they probably figured they had a piece of junk and would pass it on to someone else. Right out of the box the Delstar is buggier than a flea circus, but once I downloaded the update it seems to have fixed almost everything that was wrong with it. I really don't have a problem with the formatting (or lack thereof), I can understand why some people are annoyed with it but it's a non issue for me. I'm actually pretty happy with the reader. I would have paid a hundred bucks for it, but $45 is better!
I take it you prefer to read your ebooks in text format then?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #450
Ebookinator
Ebookinator began at the beginning.

Device: Delstar Open Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
I take it you prefer to read your ebooks in text format then?
No preference really, I'll take them in whatever form I can get them.
Ebookinator is offline   Reply With Quote