Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Billydog
Billydog began at the beginning.

Device: Sont Ereader 505
Activating Microsoft Reader

I got a new computer lately and cannot activate Microsoft Reader. I download books from Books on Board in Lit and then de DRM and Cailbre to Sony format. I am getting the following message.

Activation Error
Microsoft Activation Server is unavailable

Microsoft Activation Server is offline for regular maintenance or upgrade, or it may have technical difficulties now. Please try activating again later.

Anyone else come up against this? is there an alternative activation site?

Just finished Revolutionary Road (best book I ahve read in a long time) and bought Girl with the Dragon tatoo but cannot download because of this problem..

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Billydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you converted to Sony format, don't you need the Sony software to read it online?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I had this same problem with activating msreader. I am pretty sure that it had something to do with the passport under msn live. Suggest that you shut down completely and re-boot and then re-enter with your passport account (or ir you use msn, with your msn live id.)

hope that helps

Last edited by Leep; 02-23-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote