Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a member of LibraryThing?
Yes....I'm an author and its a way to get my books "out there" 3 2.24%
Yes, I like the reviews/recommendations 18 13.43%
Yes, I like the social networking aspect 9 6.72%
Yes, I like the way I can manage my books there 31 23.13%
Yes, I'm interested in what other people are reading 15 11.19%
Yes, I like to post reviews on what I've read there 8 5.97%
No, never heard of the place 69 51.49%
I prefer Goodreads because (please post reason) 25 18.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
LibraryThing?

Are you a member of LibraryThing?

If so, why? I joined, saw the many authors listed as members, and have seen some comments on this site as well.

Let us know why you like that site.

I've made it multiple choice, and as always, please post your thoughts, and let me know if I've forgotten an important reason you joined.

Thanks!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 09-28-2010 at 09:37 AM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Love LibraryThing. Been a member for a number of years. Tried others, but always came back to LT. See my signature.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Love LibraryThing. Been a member for a number of years. Tried others, but always came back to LT. See my signature.
Excellent. Thank you.

Can you tell us (me) a little more on why you like the site so much?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
You need at least two more choices in your poll.

No.
What the big, fat, hairy heck is LibraryThing?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
LT confuses me. I find it even harder than GoodReads to navigate.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
bridgetostars
bridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with others

Device: Nook
I tried LT for a little bit, to have a handy way to catalog my books. Something about it was hard to navigate, as mentioned above,and it's not a very pretty site (I'm kinda picky in this regard). I have, however, joined Goodreads, and I love it. I can catalog and have the social networking aspect easier. Lists, groups, friends, trivia, etc... it's really great.
bridgetostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
L.J. Sellers
Novelist
L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.L.J. Sellers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I joined years ago, mostly as a author who wanted to be more in contact with readers. I also wanted the opportunity to give away books in their early reader program. I stay involved because I love to see what other people are reading and talking about.
L.J.
L.J. Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
You need at least two more choices in your poll.

No.
What the big, fat, hairy heck is LibraryThing?
Its there.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

http://www.librarything.com/

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I swear by all thats holy and true I will get this right yet.

Thanks Bob, for the help.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Interesting comments. Maybe because it was the first book cataloging site I found, but I've not found it hard to navigate and because most of my online time is on a dialup modem at about 22K baud, the fancier the website, the less I'm interested.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I use it to manage my library and to keep track of which/how many books I've read this year! And I'm behind in posting them...

Why I chose it over Goodreads: No ads. Lifetime membership with extra perks was mondo cheap. I have to admit I've yet to really use the social networking aspects of the site. However, I have used it for research and it's been really useful!

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 09-28-2010 at 12:04 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I prefer Goodreads because it's integrated into an Android app I use to scan barcodes and all my friends use Goodreads.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I started out using LibraryThing and even donated to get past their 200 book limit. Based upon recommendations from others on MR, I have since switched to Goodreads.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I prefer Goodreads because it's integrated into an Android app I use to scan barcodes and all my friends use Goodreads.
I never thought to look for an Android app. Found MyBookDroid and currently syncing my Goodreads library to my Android phone.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote