Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 03:50 AM   #1
safin
ebook drooler
safin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
reader gives blank screen

don't really know what happened. I had gone out for some 15 days and left the reader back home(itself a foolish move ) anyway the reader was working properly before i went. Now i come back and tried to start and it won't. The led blinks yellow when moving power switch but nothing shows on screen.
I thought the battery has discharged so have it on my laptop connected via USB but even now its not starting.
did a soft reset meanwhile. No help.

any ideas
safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the battery is completely discharged (although I'm not sure why it should be), USB charging won't work. Try hooking it up to the mains charger for a few hours, then do another reset, and see if that brings it back to life.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 AM   #3
safin
ebook drooler

hmm k will do that when i reach home.
it shouldn't really be discharged just by keeping it i suppose. plus i am pretty sure i had it fully charged before leaving.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:29 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Be sure that there isn't an mp3 playing in the background also... that seems to be the primary cause of rapid battery drain.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #5
safin
ebook drooler

i think bon that is the reason. I had the mp3 playing quite a bit
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you inadvertantly left the machine with an MP3 playing, that would certainly account for the battery being flat! I'm sure that a mains charge will bring it back to life.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup, the MP3 player overrides the 60 minute cutoff. I've done that, and completely drained it (and it behaved like you're describing, if I remember correctly). The brick charger brought it back just fine.

But that doesn't address the real question: What in the name of little, green apples possesed you to leave your Reader at home alone for fifteen days?!?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #8
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
But that doesn't address the real question: What in the name of little, green apples possesed you to leave your Reader at home alone for fifteen days?!?
Terrorists were after him so he went on the run with Jack Bauer. He tried to go back for the reader but Jack grabbed him and yelled "We're running out of time!"

So he had to leave it...with the MP3 on.

I had that problem once too (not with the terrorist, I took them out easy). Before I never even took the power adapter out of the box but now I use it all them time, it's faster then USB and it frees up a slot.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote