Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 10:12 PM   #16
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Davy is available on Kobo for NZ purchasers, at least, so still in print. Maybe a geo restriction for you?
HMMM! Maybe I'll take a look again!

DRAT! Kobo had nothing but an anthology that didn't include "Davy", and Amazon had a couple of Paper books, used.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 02-05-2018 at 10:23 PM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I think that HarryT has the right of it. The good news is that books slowly become available. Both Fiest's books and Eddings books were available in England well before being available in the US.
I hadn't heard that the earlier Feist books (Magician, Silverthorn, etc.) were now available as ebooks. Thanks for that!

As near as I can tell though, most of Eddings' books still aren't available as ebooks in North America, although they now have audiobooks of them. (Well, I know they were available briefly but no longer.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Godel, Escher, Bach
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #19
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The only Shel Silverstein e-book I have found, and bought, is The Giving Tree.

I would like to see e-book releases of his other works, like Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, A Light in the Attic, etc.

I'm not a big fan of poetry, but I make an exception for Edgar Allan Poe and Shel Silverstein.

"Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out"

Now that's poetry.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:03 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
The only Shel Silverstein e-book I have found, and bought, is The Giving Tree.

I would like to see e-book releases of his other works, like Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, A Light in the Attic, etc.

I'm not a big fan of poetry, but I make an exception for Edgar Allan Poe and Shel Silverstein.

"Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out"

Now that's poetry.
For certain values of poetry...
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #21
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I hadn't heard that the earlier Feist books (Magician, Silverthorn, etc.) were now available as ebooks. Thanks for that!

As near as I can tell though, most of Eddings' books still aren't available as ebooks in North America, although they now have audiobooks of them. (Well, I know they were available briefly but no longer.)
That does seem odd about the Eddings books. I wonder if the ebooks that showed up on the US Kindle store were unauthorized. That's the only reason I can think of them being pulled that quickly. The funny thing is I got emails identifying them as books I might be interested in. The audiobooks have been out for a while. I've got the set. I think I got them back in 2014. I liked the narrator. (double checking, I got them in 2012 and they were first release in 2007 by Books in Motion.)
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:03 AM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That does seem odd about the Eddings books. I wonder if the ebooks that showed up on the US Kindle store were unauthorized. That's the only reason I can think of them being pulled that quickly. The funny thing is I got emails identifying them as books I might be interested in. The audiobooks have been out for a while. I've got the set. I think I got them back in 2014. I liked the narrator. (double checking, I got them in 2012 and they were first release in 2007 by Books in Motion.)
Regional issues would be my best guess compounded by Eddings' death in 2009. I picked up the NA versions of the Belgariad while they were available and I had a friend of my daughter's help with purchasing the Malloreon from the UK.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:59 AM   #23
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
HMMM! Maybe I'll take a look again!

DRAT! Kobo had nothing but an anthology that didn't include "Davy", and Amazon had a couple of Paper books, used.
Definitely geo-restrictions. I checked the Amazon US site with the same results as you. However, the Australian site has the ebook for sale for $A6.99.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Regional issues would be my best guess compounded by Eddings' death in 2009. I picked up the NA versions of the Belgariad while they were available and I had a friend of my daughter's help with purchasing the Malloreon from the UK.
It's slightly odd, because although the US and UK editions are clearly different (they have completely different covers), it's published by Transworld in the UK and Del Rey in the US, both of which are owned by the Randy Penguin. Perhaps, though, Eddings granted digital publishing rights in the UK but not in the US for some reason.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-08-2018 at 05:14 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:16 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just go to Kobo and go shopping in a different country. Problem solved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:25 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Definitely geo-restrictions. I checked the Amazon US site with the same results as you. However, the Australian site has the ebook for sale for $A6.99.
It's published by SF Gateway, and unfortunately VERY few of their books are available in the US.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:30 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just go to Kobo and go shopping in a different country. Problem solved.
Not everybody is comfortable with lying in order to buy books, Jon.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:38 AM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wonder what subset of "Not everybody is comfortable with lying in order to buy books" agree to the EULA on the ebook stores, and than ignore them.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:41 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It is better than hitting the net to try to find a free copy. At least the author gets paid.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I wonder what subset of "Not everybody is comfortable with lying in order to buy books" agree to the EULA on the ebook stores, and than ignore them.
I've no idea. All I do know is that a number of people have said, in previous threads of this nature, that they don't wish to falsify information when they buy books. It doesn't bother me personally, but it clearly is an issue for some people.