Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
PaulM#13
PaulM#13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
[iOS] Remembering which eReader

Hi, I am a new users to CC so please excuse me if this question has been asked. I have tried to find the answer in the previous posts but have been unable too. I am using IOS11.1 on an iPad

I invoke CC I get the bookcase display - so far so good - I select a book and get the "have you read this book page, rating etc" (as an aside I'd like this to not appear - if there is a way). I then select "Read" in the top right and the get a list of Apps (eReaders etc) that can open it.

It is possible to tell CC that I'd always like this book to be opened with a certain eReader, so I do not have to select which eReader every time I choose to open this book? BTW the 'book' (and in fact all my books) are in the PDF format, so I am looking to open them with the PDF reader (PDF expert).

Ideally I'd like to select the book from the bookcase display and for it to be immediately opened in my (PDF) eReader.

Thanks,
Paul.
PaulM#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM#13 View Post
Hi, I am a new users to CC so please excuse me if this question has been asked. I have tried to find the answer in the previous posts but have been unable too. I am using IOS11.1 on an iPad

I invoke CC I get the bookcase display - so far so good - I select a book and get the "have you read this book page, rating etc" (as an aside I'd like this to not appear - if there is a way). I then select "Read" in the top right and the get a list of Apps (eReaders etc) that can open it.

It is possible to tell CC that I'd always like this book to be opened with a certain eReader, so I do not have to select which eReader every time I choose to open this book? BTW the 'book' (and in fact all my books) are in the PDF format, so I am looking to open them with the PDF reader (PDF expert).

Ideally I'd like to select the book from the bookcase display and for it to be immediately opened in my (PDF) eReader.

Thanks,
Paul.
I don't think this is possible in the iOS version. It may be possible in the android version already but not sure. There is no setting in the actual CC app. I thought there may be a setting in Apple SETTINGS under the corresponding app like CC or PDF Expert but there isn't. It may remember and default to your favourite reader if you use it enough but not sure...This may be another item to put on the Wishlist....I would like to see this feature as well.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
iOS has no open by default option like Android.

You have to select the app every time you open a book.

At best you can drag the icon for your favorite app to the front of the list in the popup, for instance Marvin was off to the right, and I dragged it to the front of the list.

Sorry, this is one of the strongest reasons why CC iOS needs a built in reader app. Even something simple, would be far better than the current situation.

There are a few EPUB reader SDKs like Readium and SkyEPUB.
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote