Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
actual epub file from ascm file through built in browser?

Is there a way of running Adobe DE on the device?

I borrowed a book from the public library through the buikt in web browser. I got the ascm file, but couldn't run ADE to get the actual epub file.

So how can I get the actual epub file from the library after downloading the ascm file to the device?

Normally, when I do it through the computer, I just run the ADE which retrieves the actual epub file from the library that I then copy to the device. But I would like to be able to borrow books on the go when travelling. I can't use a guest computer, since I need to have a authorized ADE account on the computer that matches my authorized device.

Or any tip on how to do it on the go with other computers than my own?

Last edited by marp68; 05-27-2016 at 04:03 PM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
At the current time, Kobo's firmware only supports decryption of files downloaded by ADE on a separate computer.

However, Kobo is owned by Rakuten, and Rakuten bought Overdrive (the largest library lending service, and a main user of ADE) last year. It's long been speculated that Kobo will integrate ADE fulfillment into its firmware, but that hasn't happened yet.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I think it's only the now discontinued Sony readers that could read books directly from Overdrive, it seems strange that Kobo haven't added this feature before now. It's not a huge deal but would be an added feature for Kobo's. With the Rakuten, Overdrive, Kobo relationship it seems an obvious move, yet nothing so far. Just how easy/difficult would it be to implement?

Last edited by soulfuldog; 05-27-2016 at 04:50 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes it does seem obvious, and someone from Overdrive has recently said Kobo are doing it. But, there is no sign of it yet.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:36 AM   #5
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Then we'll just have to wait then, while reading a goo book...
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
reading a goo book...
That sounds a bit messy
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:26 AM   #7
marp68
Addict

it sure does
d then