Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #61
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I'm looking forward to the impending release of some 1923-1977 works into the public domain.
You'll still be waiting a while. Nothing new will enter the PD in the US until 2019.

This article may interest you (or not)...
https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 AM   #62
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Google means you no longer have to idly wonder. In Germany, it's the state of Bavaria.
Interesting. Thanks for the research.

Of course, that prompts the question in my mind, "Why Bavaria?" Maybe that was where the prison is(was) where Hitler was when he wrote the book? I'll look it up one of these days.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-23-2015 at 02:35 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:33 AM   #63
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You'll still be waiting a while. Nothing new will enter the PD in the US until 2019.

This article may interest you (or not)...
https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday
Thanks for the link. I read enough of the article to confirm what you said.

I'll go back and see what the article says for the rationale for 2019. That's about what I expected, though, since it seemed that 1923 books would be released to the public domain 95 years after that year (1923 + 95 =2018). I have no difficulty waiting for, and looking forward to, something that close in the future.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #64
ichbindasauge
Connoisseur
ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ichbindasauge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 US, iPad, Samsung Win 8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the research.

Of course, that prompts the question in my mind, "Why Bavaria?" Maybe that was where the prison is(was) where Hitler was when he wrote the book? I'll look it up one of these days.
I think it is because Bavaria was his state of residence and he died without another heir, which made the state the heir of all his belongings (as you know, his wife, Eva Braun, who he married just a day or two before, committed suicide together with him). The state of Bavaria has made sure that no one could publish the book in Germany so far, but as it will be out of copyright next year, anyone can publish it now. There has been a big discussion about what to do about that. One thing that will be done is to publish a version with a lot of commentary on the text, but even that was the topic of a lot of discussion.
ichbindasauge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anne frank, public domain