Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Hmmm... good suggestion. I'll try that. Each time I uninstalled ADE and reinstalled it I never had to reauthorize my pc; it recognized it as being authorized already.
I think you said that you do see the device in windows. If that is the case you can just copy the book files onto the reader. You have to put them into the Digital Editions folder... if it isn't on there yet you can just create one.

Someone that actually has a 505 and is able to use ADE will have to tell you exactly where the folder is an it's true name.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hmmm... good suggestion. I'll try that. Each time I uninstalled ADE and reinstalled it I never had to reauthorize my pc; it recognized it as being authorized already.

You are actually correct. I was thinking of reinstalling ADE after a format, which it would ask you to authorize again. But if you do try to experiment with it by installing it on another machine, it will count against the total number of machines you can authorize ADE to.

Good luck and I hope you get the problem solved!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #33
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think you said that you do see the device in windows. If that is the case you can just copy the book files onto the reader. You have to put them into the Digital Editions folder... if it isn't on there yet you can just create one.

Someone that actually has a 505 and is able to use ADE will have to tell you exactly where the folder is an it's true name.

BOb
Well... I was able to copy & paste the borrowed book onto my 700 but it won't allow me to read it. It just says "protected page." Arggg....
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well... I was able to copy & paste the borrowed book onto my 700 but it won't allow me to read it. It just says "protected page." Arggg....
DUH... Cause you haven't been able to authorize it yet. Silly me.

BOb
Old 07-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #35
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Do you have another computer from which you can try it on? But becareful how many times you install/reinstall ADE since I believe there is a finite number of machines you can have authorized to it.

Not sure if there is a way to deauthorize and reclaim the number of authorizations allowed before you reinstall it, like you can with the Sony software.
Merlock, YOU'RE A ROCK STAR!!!

I used my boyfriend's laptop which has XP, not Vista and was able to fully authorize his pc & both readers!! Then I downloaded another book from the library to make sure everything worked and they did. I was hoping that once the readers were authorized that I could use them on my pc, but my ADE on my PC still doesn't "see" them. So... I dragged and dropped both of the books I borrowed plus and .xml file that was downloaded at the same time as my last d/l from the library and both books are working with the correct time left on each book.

I don't know why ADE on my pc won't see them, but at least I won't have to go without until I figure it out. I'm going to try to deauthroize my pc, uninstall, reinstall, reauthorise and see if that works.
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #36
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
SolRaven--I'm pretty sure now that you have your reader authorized, you can just drag and drop books from your PC to your reader through Windows Explorer and the reader should be able to display them correctly. Still would be nice to figure out why ADE on your computer doesn't see your reader though!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #37
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
SolRaven--I'm pretty sure now that you have your reader authorized, you can just drag and drop books from your PC to your reader through Windows Explorer and the reader should be able to display them correctly. Still would be nice to figure out why ADE on your computer doesn't see your reader though!

dordale
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I just d/l another library book to see if I could do just that. Surprisingly, it didn't work. This is going to need some fine tuning. I'm getting closer though; at least I have a working model.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Merlock, YOU'RE A ROCK STAR!!!

I used my boyfriend's laptop which has XP, not Vista and was able to fully authorize his pc & both readers!! Then I downloaded another book from the library to make sure everything worked and they did. I was hoping that once the readers were authorized that I could use them on my pc, but my ADE on my PC still doesn't "see" them. So... I dragged and dropped both of the books I borrowed plus and .xml file that was downloaded at the same time as my last d/l from the library and both books are working with the correct time left on each book.

I don't know why ADE on my pc won't see them, but at least I won't have to go without until I figure it out. I'm going to try to deauthroize my pc, uninstall, reinstall, reauthorise and see if that works.
No problem SolRaven. I'm glad you finally got it working even thought it's sort of a round about way. Let us know how it goes!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #39
adisunter
adisunter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
Hello, I have the PRS700 and I cannot get Adobe Digital Editions to recognise the device at all. I am in the UK using a Device brought in the USA.

I have got the library software to load, and go to the sony site and have the Book authorized by sony, so that was a great start. I then expected ADE to recognise the PRS, but it hasn't.

Any thoughts please anyone.
adisunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
adisunter

I am having exactly the same issue of ADE not seeing the book, even though I have now worked around the wrong region problem and I have got the American library working at the book authorized by Sony, it is just ADE that won't see the book.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisunter View Post
Hello, I have the PRS700 and I cannot get Adobe Digital Editions to recognise the device at all. I am in the UK using a Device brought in the USA.

I have got the library software to load, and go to the sony site and have the Book authorized by sony, so that was a great start. I then expected ADE to recognise the PRS, but it hasn't.

Any thoughts please anyone.
Have you got an Adobe ID and authorized your PC to it in ADE, the authorize your Sony. The Sony ebook store authorization is different and seperate from the Adobe ADE authorization.

BOb
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #42
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisunter View Post
I am having exactly the same issue of ADE not seeing the book, even though I have now worked around the wrong region problem and I have got the American library working at the book authorized by Sony, it is just ADE that won't see the book.
Do you have Vista? I've been wondering if it's a Vista problem since my boyfriend has XP on his laptop and I've been able to authorize my readers via his pc.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #43
readerjr
readerjr began at the beginning.

Device: prs700
Real answer

hello , this is the real answer for your problem, you are using a MAC OS and the computer doesnt have the drivers for that reader yet, the computer and adobe cant detect the reader because of that, check at the end of this month because SONY will release the MAC compatibility.

Last edited by readerjr; 08-17-2009 at 12:10 PM.
readerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:41 AM   #44
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerjr View Post
hello , this is the real answer for your problem, you are using a MAC OS and the computer doesnt have the drivers for that reader yet, the computer and adobe cant detect the reader because of that, check at the end of this month because SONY will release the MAC compatibility.

no one in this thread ever said they had a mac.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #45
adisunter

I have done exactly the same as you and used my home PC rather than my laptop, both Vista, home premium on the PC and Business on laptop, and hey presto the PC works first time no issues at all. Very frustrating, I actually had sony help log into my laptop for about two hours creating folders, rebooting the reader etc etc etc, a very helpful man, in the end he said he would swap the book. It was whilst this was going on I independantly just tried my home PC. Maybe vista business is the problem but total ignorance frm Adobe and Sony is really shameful.