Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2022, 04:09 PM   #46
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think the problem has resolved. I visited a bunch of libraries, and I was logged into all of them.
I just tried again, and I stayed logged in to 4 out of 5; the one I didn't stay logged in to was Metro. I did stay logged in to NYPL. I am not using a cookie manager.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:35 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I just tried again, and I stayed logged in to 4 out of 5; the one I didn't stay logged in to was Metro. I did stay logged in to NYPL. I am not using a cookie manager.
What expiration date are you seeing for the _cac and preferences cookies for NYPL?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2022, 06:34 PM   #48
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I had logged in to all of my four libraries last night; just now I was still logged in at one of them. I've logged into the other three again; hopefully I'll remain logged in!

ETA: Looks like the glitch is fixed for me--I'm still logged in at all four now, despite leaving the pages and closing my browser.

ETA2: I'm still logged in at all four libraries. Yay!

Last edited by Catlady; 12-08-2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: ETA
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:43 PM   #49
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
One of my libraries stayed logged-in. The other one logged me out.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 02:08 PM   #50
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
For the past couple of days, every time I’ve launched the web page for one of my OverDrive libraries, I’ve had to sign in and twice at that. And if I spend too much time there, I’ll have to go through the process again. This is both on my laptop and tablet. I know it’s a stretch, but I wonder if it’s related to the planned EOL of the OD app? In any case, it’s irritating.
Please take this survey on Libby:

https://libbyapp.com/interview/feedb...ey#questionOne

Libby is a childish looking app, and that's what I stated in the survey. The reason Overdrive is asking borrowers to log in repeatedly is their sneaky attempt to cripple OD before the end of the transition period. Whatever mindless nincompoop decided to waste money on Libby should be discharged.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 02:09 PM   #51
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
One of my libraries stayed logged-in. The other one logged me out.
Both of them are working as expected now and not logging me out.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #52
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
The reason Overdrive is asking borrowers to log in repeatedly is their sneaky attempt to cripple OD before the end of the transition period.
Do you have any proof that Overdrive has been deliberately crippled, or are you just making accusations because you dislike Libby?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:12 PM   #53
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Do you have any proof that Overdrive has been deliberately crippled, or are you just making accusations because you dislike Libby?
The Overdrive app is being phased out, so I imagine they want people to stop using it. But I don't see any evidence of them crippling the website aside from the cookie issue, which seems to be resolved now.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #54
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
They've added in a step to download--instead of ADE or the OverDrive console opening immediately and beginning a download, now what's downloaded are .odm and .ascm files that need to be opened (small inconvenience, but still). Plus only an older version of the OverDrive console will work with Windows 11. Those are deliberate changes, so is it really farfetched to think there are other deliberate actions designed to drive people to Libby?
Old 12-08-2022, 11:58 PM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They've added in a step to download--instead of ADE or the OverDrive console opening immediately and beginning a download, now what's downloaded are .odm and .ascm files that need to be opened (small inconvenience, but still). Plus only an older version of the OverDrive console will work with Windows 11. Those are deliberate changes, so is it really farfetched to think there are other deliberate actions designed to drive people to Libby?
Are we talking about browser? Because, for me, even if the login is expiring fast, ADE is opening as usual. I don't know if I've used the app in Windows in any moment.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:06 PM   #56
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

Whether a system downloads and saves .odm and .ascm files or instead opens the apps associated with those extensions is usually, though not always, a local Windows or browser configuration matter. A default setting may have gotten changed on you.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That's something to do with how your browser is working. Nothing to do with the website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #58
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

All I know is that it worked before, and it doesn't work now. Not on the old computer, and not on the new computer with the latest browser. I use Mozilla Firefox.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:18 PM   #59
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
All I know is that it worked before, and it doesn't work now. Not on the old computer, and not on the new computer with the latest browser. I use Mozilla Firefox.
I'm using Firefox 107.0.1. I just checked that if I set .acsm files to open with ADE, they are opened by ADE. Normally, I leave it at always ask since sometimes I will drop the .acsm file on calibre to be opened by the ACSM plugin and sometimes, mostly for PDFs, I will have ADE open them.

Sorry but I am going to have to agree that it's your browser configuration.

See the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefox_applications.png
Views:	119
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	198299  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #60
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
For me, Firefox used to automatically download a DRM epub from overdrive websites using ADE in the past using. At some point, it started downloading the ACSM file only. I think this was on Windows 10, could have been 11.

I had to setup the file association, and then the DRM Epub would get downloaded/opened automagically. I am now using Windows 11.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote