Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2022, 06:35 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you! I've added the extension for chrome and it's telling me than the cookies last one day, let's see.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:12 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you! I've added the extension for chrome and it's telling me than the cookies last one day, let's see.
Is it working?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2022, 07:13 AM   #33
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Some of the cookies last one day; the one that seems to affect logout (_cac) is 10 minutes.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:32 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Some of the cookies last one day; the one that seems to affect logout (_cac) is 10 minutes.
Changing just _cac does not do it. I'm working on figuring out which cookies to change.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-07-2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've changed the expiry date on _cac and preferences and it's not asking me to log back iafter about 30 minutes.
Advert
Old 12-07-2022, 09:07 AM   #36
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just changed them, I'll tell you.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I've just changed them, I'll tell you.
Is your Overdrive library no longer asking you to log back in?
Old 12-07-2022, 11:36 AM   #38
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I think the problem has resolved. I visited a bunch of libraries, and I was logged into all of them.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #39
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is your Overdrive library no longer asking you to log back in?
No, it's not asking.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:36 PM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think the problem has resolved. I visited a bunch of libraries, and I was logged into all of them.
Let's see tomorrow then. Perhaps it was a bug in their side.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:43 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I did take a look at one library I logged into and it's still showing the _cac cookie expiring in 10 min and the preferences cookie expiring in 5 minutes. So I'm not confident that it's fixed. I'll know soon when I'm logged out or not.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:56 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I just tested one of my libraries and without changing the end date of the to above mentioned cookies, it will make you log back in in around 10 minutes.

But at least we know know the solution to fix the problem.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:04 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Still not working for me.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #44
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not at my libraries.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:01 PM   #45
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
If i can add my 2 cents. I use Firefox and use the NYPL overdrive web site. Like everyone else here I have been getting signed out after about 10 minutes. I followed the advice of others in this thread and I downloaded the cookie manager extension( note: NOT the cookie quick manager) . Then being on the NYPL overdrive web page I opened the cookie manager for that web page and scrolled down to the cookie for preferences. I changed the expiration date to 6/dec/2032 and then saved it. Since I am 76 years old I figured either I might expire before the cookie--lol or probably get a new computer before then. Everything seems to be working just fine since then. One additional note. If I left the cookie manager enabled every time I opened Firefox besides opening my home page it also opeend a tab with the cookie manager as well. so I then disabled the cookie manager extension. The expiration date seems fixed at 2032 as I had set it. I hope this info is helpful
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote