Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-31-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Kindle owners lending library problem

Edit: A new update to the Kindle app has fixed the problem. There is one read for free button for both Prime reading and Kindle owners lending library when you choose Kindle owners lending library from the menu. If it's available for Kindle owners lending library then the text below the button is "with Kindle owners lending library", if it's not the text is "with Prime Reading".

I just tried to borrow a book from the Kindle owners lending library on my HD 8. I went into it by choosing Kindle owners lending library from the menu in the books app. There was no option to borrow on any of them but I did see a read for free button for the Prime Reading on a few. I was able to borrow it from my eink Kindle so it was available.

Did anyone else have a problem borrowing a book from their Fire tablet?

Last edited by Purple Lady; 11-01-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just tried to borrow a book from the Kindle owners lending library on my HD 8. I went into it by choosing Kindle owners lending library from the menu in the books app. There was no option to borrow on any of them but I did see a read for free button for the Prime Reading on a few. I was able to borrow it from my eink Kindle so it was available.

Did anyone else have a problem borrowing a book from their Fire tablet?
I was able to borrow a book last month from my hdx 7. with Kindle Owners Leading library. Maybe they are changing things a bit now with Prime Reading.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I was able to borrow a book last month from my hdx 7. with Kindle Owners Leading library. Maybe they are changing things a bit now with Prime Reading.
I borrowed one last month too from my HD 8. Today it only worked on my old eink Kindle. Kindle Owners Lending library is supposed to still be available. I just tried my HDX 7 and it has a button for borrowing, but says my monthly limit was reached.

Edit: I borrowed a book with my eink which is why the hdx showed my monthly limit was reached.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 11-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #4
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I borrowed one last month too from my HD 8. Today it only worked on my old eink Kindle. Kindle Owners Lending library is supposed to still be available. I just tried my HDX 7 and it has a button for borrowing, but says my monthly limit was reached.
I was able to down load a book ( Stalker on the Fens ) with my hdx7, from the Kindle Owners Lending Library. Since I returned the last book I borrowed last month. It told me I could borrow again on Dec. 1st. So maybe the system thinks you still have a book out. I would chat with Amazon and ask them which book is still supposed to be borrowed ? It's probably a glitch and they would have a record of the returned book. Or you can check your Devices & Content page, in your account. You might be able to see a still borrowed book. If you could still borrow a book with your e ink Kindle rather than the Fire 8, something is different on the Fire 8. Just a thought.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was able to down load a book ( Stalker on the Fens ) with my hdx7, from the Kindle Owners Lending Library. Since I returned the last book I borrowed last month. It told me I could borrow again on Dec. 1st. So maybe the system thinks you still have a book out. I would chat with Amazon and ask them which book is still supposed to be borrowed ? It's probably a glitch and they would have a record of the returned book. Or you can check your Devices & Content page, in your account. You might be able to see a still borrowed book. If you could still borrow a book with your e ink Kindle rather than the Fire 8, something is different on the Fire 8. Just a thought.
I borrowed a book with my eink which is why the hdx showed my monthly limit was reached. In the meantime my hdx updated itself and I no longer have a borrow button.

Edit: it was the Kindle app that updated, not the system.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 11-01-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Advert
Old 11-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
I borrowed a book with my eink which is why the hdx showed my monthly limit was reached. In the meantime my hdx updated itself and I no longer have a borrow button.
I just checked to see if my hdx 7 was updated recently. It was on September 6,2016. It's running OS 4.5.5.2 Is this the latest update ? If it is, then I'm still able to see borrow button for Kindle Lending Library. But now it says reached borrowed limit until Dec. 1st. Since I just borrowed a book today, Nov. 1st.

I just saw on another thread here, that it's not the latest up date. Unless that is for the 2014 hdx 8.9 ? I kind of thought the hdx 7 wouldn't be getting updates. I rolled back my hdx 8.9. so it's not on the latest OS update presently. Which ever is the latest my hdx 7 was updated on September 6, 2016. to OS 4.5.5.2

Last edited by Wearever; 11-01-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I just checked to see if my hdx 7 was updated recently. It was on September 6,2016. It's running OS 4.5.5.2 Is this the latest update ? If it is, then I'm still able to see borrow button for Kindle Lending Library. But now it says reached borrowed limit until Dec. 1st. Since I just borrowed a book today, Nov. 1st.

I just saw on another thread here, that it's not the latest up date. Unless that is for the 2014 hdx 8.9 ? I kind of thought the hdx 7 wouldn't be getting updates. I rolled back my hdx 8.9. so it's not on the latest OS update presently. Which ever is the latest my hdx 7 was updated on September 6, 2016. to OS 4.5.5.2
There was only one model for the HDX 7 and it's a 3rd gen Fire from 2013. The latest software version for all 3rd gen Fires is 4.5.5.2.

You can check the link below to see the latest software versions for all Fires and Kindles. Just select the model you want the info on.

Fire & Kindle Software Updates
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Sorry, it was the Kindle app that updated. You can find the version by looking in all applications. I think that the version I had first was 9. something, and it changed to 10. something. I'll check when I get home.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
There was only one model for the HDX 7 and it's a 3rd gen Fire from 2013. The latest software version for all 3rd gen Fires is 4.5.5.2.

You can check the link below to see the latest software versions for all Fires and Kindles. Just select the model you want the info on.

See my reply to Wearever.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #10
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Thank you for this link tubemonkey ! It's good to see all the different devices in one place. Especially the different gens. As far as I can tell my hdx 7 is up to date. It's nice to be able to see that.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #11
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Sorry, it was the Kindle app that updated. You can find the version by looking in all applications. I think that the version I had first was 9. something, and it changed to 10. something. I'll check when I get home.
Ok let me know.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok let me know.
I added to the first post that another upgrade fixed the problem. My HD 8 now has version 4.0.2000488510, and the hdx is version 4.0.2000488610.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
I added to the first post that another upgrade fixed the problem. My HD 8 now has version 4.0.2000488510, and the hdx is version 4.0.2000488610.
Glad the update fixed it !