Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Onyx T68: How to easily disable the frontlight hardware physically (Small tutorial)

NOTE: this is a very simple procedure, but since you have to open your device there're some risks. I'm not responsible if something goes wrong.

After a very long time I found a way to disable the frontlight hardware. I've never used it and I have always found it annoying (I felt uncomfortable when it was on) and I don't know why it turned sometimes on automatically. I want to share with you this trick: you have to disconnect simply the small cable you can see in the picture. I don't know if it was necessary but I've commented (#) all lines about the light in init.freescale.rc file, repacked boot.img file and pushed it in my device as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	797.7 KB
ID:	150854  

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-12-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: backlight->frontlight for those who make a distinction
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi,

Could you explain how you repacked boot.img ?

In the thread Boox (M92) developer community? , we are looking for developers, any help will be appreciate

Even if you don't want work on this subject, yours informations could be very useful.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Hi. If you want to extract, edit and repack boot.img you can use (on Ubuntu) "abooting": you can find il on Ubuntu repository. Here how Abooting works

If you want to know how to move your repacked boot.img on your device have a look here

Let me know if you have more questions. Have a nice day! :-)

Last edited by cicabum; 08-12-2016 at 06:05 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #4
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
There is no need to modify boot.img, just disconnecting the cable is enough.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:38 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
Hi. If you want to extract, edit and repack boot.img you can use (on Ubuntu) "abooting": you can find il on Ubuntu repository. Here how Abooting works

If you want to know how to move your repacked boot.img on your device have a look here

Let me know if you have more questions. Have a nice day! :-)
Cicabum, thanks a lot for the links !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert