Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Downloading from B&N Site

I've been trying to download books from the B&N Library site, and having no luck. Both Firefox (21) and Opera (12) give me a blank popup wit h Oops! in the header and no text when I try to download from the Nook Library onto my PC. Nook for PC isn't syncing either.

I tried the Alternative Download Greasemonkey script for Firefox, but that just gives me the same Oops message.

Anyone have any ideas, or am I out of luck?
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I just opened up Nook for PC and downloaded one of the many B&N Classics I have in my account. No problem.

Are you using an older version of Nook for PC?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Perhaps there is a problem with your account.
Make sure your credit card info is correct and your credit card is valid.
The B&N DRM needs a valid credit card to encrypt your books when downloading.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I re-installed Nook for PC. Now I'm seeing books, but when I try to download one I get "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try later. Download: 1016". This happens for all books.

The credit card number is right - I was able to purchase a book correctly (before I found out about the error. The new book is why I started trying to download!). And my devices aren't having any problems.

EDIT: Well, the site seems to be working better now? But Nook for PC is still on the fritz. I'll talk with B&N support and see what they have to say.

Child of Edit: Support told me to log out and log in again. Which did actually fix the problem. I have no idea what signing in and out again worked now when it didn't work last night, but oh well.

Last edited by Rbneader; 07-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
This started happening to me about a week ago or so. I can download fine from Nook Study or from any of the apps, but just not from a browser.

Edit: After posting this, I signed out and back in and was able to download a book, then I purchased another and am unable to download again (blank Oops box). No amount of signing out and back in seems to make a difference. Sigh.

Last edited by hwlester; 07-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Rbneader
Fanatic

Well, it's good to know that it's not just me. On the other hand...Oh B&N. I want to buy books from you, but you make it stupidly hard. Aren't you a retail company? :facepalm:
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Same thing is happening to me. Sometimes no books work, sometimes only some go "oops", and sometimes they all are available. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the availabilty (or the "oops"). If I keep checking back, I can eventually download the book I want (usually), but it's pretty damn frustrating. I'm currently still waiting to be able to download a purchase I made several hours ago.

EDIT: Just as I suspected, all the books in my library will download fine using the Nook for Android app. Just not with a browser or the Nook for PC app (which are all connected to the exact same Wifi router). Stupidness.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-16-2013 at 10:48 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I haven't been able to download 2 books I bought this weekend, plus one freebie from today.

With Kobo not telling customers the book formats and B&N's lousy library access, it's like they're *trying* to give Amazon all the business!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's mind-boggling is what it is.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

It finally allowed me to download the ebook from my library via browser about 24 hours after purchasing. After all that, BTW, the epub was atrociously formatted: randomly changing font-sizes, mislabeled (or mislinked) NCX entries--just a hot mess. That's not B&N's fault of course, but still.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I had pre- ordered 3 books last month due to low B&N preorder pricing. Two have been released, but I am unable to download them. They both also have a "working on getting this to read in NOOK for Web."

Definitely making it hard for me to shop there.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I had pre- ordered 3 books last month due to low B&N preorder pricing. Two have been released, but I am unable to download them. They both also have a "working on getting this to read in NOOK for Web."

Definitely making it hard for me to shop there.
Keep trying. Especially try different times of the day/night. I've always eventually gotten the books downloaded. One time the same exact book was available, then unavailable for awhile before becoming available once again.

I'm definitely getting leery about any new purchases, though. I feel like I'm pushing my luck.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
After seeing DiapDealer's post I went to B&N and was finally able to download the books I bought this weekend. Sigh.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Also been very hit and miss for me the last few days - I hadn't downloaded (and backed up) my purchased books in a while so I was catching up. Various browsers and different times of day seemed to give me different levels of success...
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
Jenefina
Jenefina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboar, Nook Glowlight, Nook hd +
UK ebook store

Having a similar issue, I bought Ender's game in the UK nook store and cannot get it either off the nook or downloaded from the website. it appears in my web library but the only options it has are 'archive' or 'delete'. it doesn't appear in nook for PC as nook for PC is the american site.

considering just rebuying from kindle
Jenefina is offline   Reply With Quote