Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
NightBookworm
NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
I am totally happy with a Friday night spent reading! What makes it even better: Cabernet sauvignon, lavender bubble bath, and a great thunderstorm. Aahhh perfect Friday night!!
Sounds awesome! I think I'll add that to my routine (except for the thunderstorm lol!)
NightBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #17
NightBookworm
NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.NightBookworm is that somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
In my youth, I spent far too many Friday nights standing around at parties doing the "social thing" and found myself thinking "I could be home reading ...." - so I began using that as a touchstone for deciding whether to go out or stay in ... guess where I usually ended up?
That was so me!!! I remember that litmus test. That's actually what got me staying home reading too
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBookworm View Post
That was so me!!! I remember that litmus test. That's actually what got me staying home reading too
And I'm still here at home tonight!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Tonight I went out because of my reading. I went to a local store to see an appearance by John Scalzi who wrote Redshirts and Old Man's War. The tour is for Redshirts. He is a very good speaker. If he's still to go where you live, go see him. Well worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I love reading much more than going out, so any night is a good night to curl up with a book, for me.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When the weather is as nice as it was on Friday and a good author worth going to see makes an appearance at the Harvard Coop in Harvard Square, it's a better night for going out then staying in and reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #22
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
friday night reading is the best way to spend a friday night

i'm glad it's not only me. i've always wondered if i were "antisocial" since i preferred spending nights at home but my few good friends are quite understanding so it's all good.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
NightBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
friday night reading is the best way to spend a friday night

i'm glad it's not only me. i've always wondered if i were "antisocial" since i preferred spending nights at home but my few good friends are quite understanding so it's all good.
I think that's key! Your friends have to be informed so they understand. Otherwise there's always that tension.