Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Anyone read The Meaning of Night: A Confession by Michael Cox?

I'm looking for something different and saw this at the library. At 720 pages I would like other people's thought before I invest the time.

http://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Night-...6949241&sr=1-1

Thanks.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I'm looking for something different and saw this at the library. At 720 pages I would like other people's thought before I invest the time.

Thanks.
OMG! I just read this for my book club & absolutely LOVED it! It is now in my top 10 favorite books of all time. As soon as I finished it I immediately downloaded the sequel, The Glass of Time, and I'm loving that one as well.
TMON had me hooked from the first paragraph.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thank you for your post

Did you find it a slow read?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not at all! Once I picked it up, I could not put it down. You just need to decide if you like to read books that are written in a very Dickensian way - it's set in Victorian London, so the style of writing is very different from a story told/about modern day times. The book was written less than 10 years ago, but you'd think it was written 150 years ago!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just bought Dan Simmons 'Drood'. The first page is awesome, so I had to have it. Went straight back from the bookshop to my netbook at home to push buttons. Looks like you'd like it, too.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Just bought Dan Simmons 'Drood'. The first page is awesome, so I had to have it. Went straight back from the bookshop to my netbook at home to push buttons. Looks like you'd like it, too.
I have that one too, but haven't read it yet.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Bookworm61
Bookworm61 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Thanks.
The Meaning of the Night is a fantastic read. I loved the fact it was written in a historical fashion - keeps you on the edge of your seat. Sequel is equally brill. Don't hesitate, Enjoy....
Bookworm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I read The Meaning of Night, and its followup, The Glass of Time last year. Loved them both very much, but I do tend to favor novels set in the Victorian period.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote