Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-04-2023, 11:57 AM   #31
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Some people get really depressed during extended days of dark cloudy and or rainy weather. My son is usually depressed during times like this. I actually like cloudy and rainy weather. I even enjoy swamps and think they are beautiful.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
...I even enjoy swamps and think they are beautiful.
I fear them and the monsters that decades of comic reading and horror movie watching have assured me live there.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:56 PM   #33
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I fear them and the monsters that decades of comic reading and horror movie watching have assured me live there.
From my experience, monsters tend to live in cellars and closets and attics rather than swamps. Every night, when I go to sleep, I make certain all the doors of my closets and cupboards are firmly shut. Just in case.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #34
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
From my experience, monsters tend to live in cellars and closets and attics rather than swamps...
Luckily, I've never lived in a house that has a cellar or an attic. And in my world, closets are for coming out of
Old 01-04-2023, 03:56 PM   #35
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Where I live cellars are indoor swimming pools.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM   #36
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Where I live cellars are indoor swimming pools.
Apache
Basement sharks! Look for my new novel, coming soon
Old 01-11-2023, 11:47 AM   #37
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I treated myself to an LED lamp in the living room last year that Alexa dot controls. It was annoying to keep accessing where I keep the lamp physically and I've really fallen for the different light settings, ease of use, and being able to keep it dim or turn it up depending on what I'm doing. With my bedroom, which is tiny, to save space and reduce electricity, I got some of those chargeable LED sconces on the wall now. Enjoying experimenting with different types of lighting so far. Lamps and lighting can definitely make a bigger difference than I used to realize
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:59 PM   #38
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
I got the 32GB kindle paperwrite signiture from my parents this christmas year, I wanted a new kindle that holds more ebooks, not sure if I can use that audiobook feature, I really haven't found many free audiobook titles on amazon website, I do have audiobooks, but I don't think the free ones can be transfered to it. otherwise its good for ebooks.

https://www.amazon.com/kindle-paperw...s%2C160&sr=1-1

I have some librivox audiobooks, any idea if they can be transfered onto the kindle signature and if it can play them, right now, I am using my old ipod touch to play the audiobooks, I didn't really look into it much if it can play public domain audiobooks or not? I got it more for the ebooks, than audiobook feature. but I wanted to ask about it anyway.

https://librivox.org/

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 02-03-2023 at 08:40 PM.
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:13 AM   #39
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleAZWorKFX View Post
I got the 32GB kindle paperwrite signiture from my parents this christmas year, I wanted a new kindle that holds more ebooks,
Don't worry, 32GB is a lot of eBooks. Maybe not audiobooks though.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:40 PM   #40
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Don't worry, 32GB is a lot of eBooks. Maybe not audiobooks though.
Be careful how you fill it.

The drive may hold 32GB, but the internal software gets really glitchy after about 15,000 ebooks.

That may be way more than you need to worry about, but that still leaves a ton of space on it you won't be getting anything on that the software can find, index, or open.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote