Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #46
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I see...so have there been any serious problems with using this flash on the 505?Anybody made a brick?
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #47
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
None reported using the prepared images - rolling your own involves more risk & I'd not recommend that unless you can read Russian & can thus take advantage of the expertise available over at the e-book forum.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #48
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
See my post here for links, etc.
Just did it now using the instructions above, worked like a charm. much nicer icons and the clock is great.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:08 AM   #49
DasFool
DasFool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle DXG
Just in case I would like to flash back to the original firmware, after flashing this image I'd have just have to replace the "new_opt.img" with this one, right?
DasFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #50
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
OK - I bit the bullet and did it - WOW - quick and easy and painless.
I loaded these three things:
1. Icons/Theme - this is what I was originally going for. Just love them. They are SOOOOOO much better.
2. Clock - didn't ring my chimes all that much - but hey on second thought it's going to be handy.
3. Unified Font. OMG this is to die for. I knew I didn't like what it was doing, but I didn't know how much I didn't like it. Now everything is the same and uniform.
Total score for the package of three: SMOKIN' AWESOME!
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #51
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Ted--I'm in total agreement. It took me awhile to get up the nerve to load the hack, but I love it. I really wanted the clock, but now I'm lovin' the icons and the unified font. Makes my 505 interface look soooo much better!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Do any of these hacks destroy the fixed pitch font? I can't get my PRS-505 to display anything other than the two proportional pitch fonts. I never tried it before I installed the hacks, so I really don't know. But it certainly doesn't work now. Anybody know anything about this - whether or not it is related to a hack? I posted a question on another forum many days ago and nobody supplied any response at all. Sigh.
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote