Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Ignore initial indent in HTML files?

There is probably an explanation somewhere. I searched a bit but couldn’t find it and I know some of you gurus (Kovid) have a quick answer.

I am using calibre (GUI) to convert my HTML file into a Sony lrf file. To force a page break in calibre I use:
<span style="page-break-after: always"></span>

After the page break I want to start the very next line WITHOUT an indent.
How do I do it? What is the code? As simple as possible, Please!

I am formatting poetry and this would be nice to implement.

Also, in calibre, how do I force a Tab or several spaces before a line?

They say that rhyme and rhythm are
Outmoded now.
I do not know, for I am far
From high of brow.
But if the twain you take away,
Since basely bred,
Proud Poetry, I dare to say,
Would scarce be read.

Every other line in this short (first stanza) verse should be indented 5 spaces. How? Code, please?
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
<html>
page one
<br style="page-break-after:always">
<p style="text-indent:0pt">
They say that rhyme and rhythm are<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Outmoded now.<br>
I do not know, for I am far<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;From high of brow.<br>
But if the twain you take away,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Since basely bred,<br>
Proud Poetry, I dare to say,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Would scarce be read.<br>
</p>
</html>
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Many MANY Thanks!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote