Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Greg Waddell
WTMaxx
Greg Waddell began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Suggestion: Turn the Author Sort Meta Information Button into a Toggle

I have a suggestion. Why don't you turn the "Author Sort" button in the Edit Meta Information dialog, into a toggle button. That way, we would easily switch between the type of author sort we want to use for a particular record.

Sometimes a document will not have an author, but instead will have an organization or agency as the author. In those cases, I don't want the sort order parsed with the last word becoming the first word following by a comma, which is the default. So, it would be nice to have a button that would automatically toggle it back to being exactly the same as the what is in the author field.

Hope I'm making sense.
Greg Waddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because that button is a shortcut, designed to optimize the most common use case.

And having a shortcut whose action depends on the history of clicks it have received is confusing. For example, I often make a small edit to the author and click that button, then make another and click it again.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Greg Waddell
WTMaxx
Greg Waddell began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Well.. for me.. having a toggle button would be much more useful. But I'm only one user.
Greg Waddell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suggestions author sort