Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 01:34 PM   #1
computeq
computeq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Unable to fetch any news job hangs

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but here goes anyway.

No mater what new source i use when i attempt to fetch news the job always gets stuck at
EPUB output written to C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_4xo4ub rv\tq90e654_recipe_out.epub

im running on version 7.7 ive tried to run calbre both in standard and administrative user.

The job will inevitably stall there indefinitely until i stop the job myself.
Thanks
computeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your antivirus/security program is interfering with calibre. Reboot in safe mode with networking to confirm. Or just add exceptions for calibre.exe and calibre_parallel.exe to these programs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 10:01 PM   #3
computeq
computeq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
Hey thanks for replying.

I tired safemode with networking and i get the same behavior.. Ive also added exceptions for both the exes you mentioned and ive turned off all app behavior scanning. It is interesting that it works fine on my windows 11 laptop but not my windows 10 machine. Has anyone else reported this issue ?
computeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nope, no one has.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:19 AM   #5
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by computeq View Post
EPUB output written to C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_4xo4ub rv\tq90e654_recipe_out.epub
You could still find the epub in the temp folder though.
maybe its not able to move that output into calibre library folder.
is that folder not accessible somehow? maybe try moving library location.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert