Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #1
LibGen
LibGen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Pages are split after adding azw to calibre

Hi

I am trying to convert an azw book to pdf. When I open the azw book in the Kindle PC app it displays properly. However when I add it to calibre (before converting) and open it using the calibre reader, it comes up with about 3 times more pages. Each page is only part of an actual page, meaning that adding it to calibre seems to automatically "dismember" the book. I have not found any thread referring to the same problem as people seem to only experience this problem after converting, rather than after adding the book to calibre.

Is there any way I can prevent the pages from splitting up after adding to calibre? I have not experienced this problem with other azw books I downloaded for Kindle, so I was thinking maybe the book was formatted to have the pages split up. Is there any "azw editor" I can use to check if this is the case?

Thank you
LibGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre's viewer is really a EPUB viewer. The conversion (temporary only) happens as it opens the book.

I suspect the book has used <h# tags other places than just the true headings (I have seen scene break marks use h6 to get them bolder . Just use the stylesheet to STYLE things )

If you had more experience (this take time) under your belt, I would suggest you open the AZW with the Calibre editor and look at the code at the split point. (don't feel bad. I have been poking around the code for years and there are STILL some cases that throw me )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #3
LibGen
LibGen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre's viewer is really a EPUB viewer. The conversion (temporary only) happens as it opens the book.

I suspect the book has used <h# tags other places than just the true headings (I have seen scene break marks use h6 to get them bolder . Just use the stylesheet to STYLE things )

If you had more experience (this take time) under your belt, I would suggest you open the AZW with the Calibre editor and look at the code at the split point. (don't feel bad. I have been poking around the code for years and there are STILL some cases that throw me )
The problem is that the pages are still split after converting to pdf using calibre. (Sorry if my original post was confusing, I wasn't saying it wasn't split after conversion but only that it was also happening before conversion.)
LibGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:49 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@LibGen - why are you converting to PDF?

If its an AZW4 (Amazon Print Replica) file, see this thread ==>> Converting AZW4 print replica into PDF format.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote