Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-08-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Calibre Tpz conversion issue

I have Calibre 5.17, and it can't convert a Tpz I bought recently. When I click convert, I get a message which says "Could not convert the book because no supported source format was found." Does this mean that new versions of Calibre do not convert Tpz anymore, and if so, what was the last version that did? It's really annoying that this file is Tpz given how out of date it is, but there it is.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Calibre does not support Amazon’s Topaz format. You should look at Apprentice Alf’s Blog or Apprentice Harper’s GitHub for a plugin that can not only remove DRM, but also convert Topaz into a zipped html file (HTMLZ) that can be processed by calibre. (Warning, that functionality is not currently working in the latest version.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I understand that you can't link directly to the Topaz DRM removal plugin, but I can't find the plugin you describe on Apprentice Harper's GitHub page.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin is called DeDRM. You will need to use an older version to get working support for Topaz.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or do what a lot of people do. Return the Topaz eBook and forget it exists.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2021, 10:59 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you decide to use the older version of calibre, I would suggest installing the portable version of calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.81.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:55 AM   #7
Waylander
Fanatic

Thankyou, DNSB. That's very helpful. I need these two Topaz books for work, otherwise I would gladly do as JSWolf suggested: return them, forget they existed and read something else. I can't get them in hardcopy because their format size would mean I'd find it difficult to hold them with my hands.

Edit: Thanks, DNSB, that worked. I downloaded Calibre 4.23 for Mac, and DeDRM 6.81, and now my Topaz books are imported into Calibre as HTMLZ, so I can now convert and read them. Thankyou again for the help.

Last edited by Waylander; 08-10-2021 at 08:08 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good to hear that it worked for you.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #9
oddman5
oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
It did not work for me

This did not work for me. I run Calibre portable on a USB stick, with the above mentioned versions of Calibre and DRM tools. It still import the tpz file as tpz, and not HTMLZ. Am I doing somthing wrong here? I am running Windows 11.
oddman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:15 PM   #10
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddman5 View Post
This did not work for me. I run Calibre portable on a USB stick, with the above mentioned versions of Calibre and DRM tools. It still import the tpz file as tpz, and not HTMLZ. Am I doing somthing wrong here? I am running Windows 11.
The most likely reason is a failure to remove DRM. You can ask for assistance with that at the site where you downloaded the DeDRM plugin.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:04 PM   #11
oddman5
oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.oddman5 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Ok. Thanks for feedback. I have used Calibre and DeDRM tools from Apprentice Alf for many years, so I am familiar with this. Maybe it is Windows 11

Last edited by oddman5; 11-04-2021 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:21 PM   #12
oddman5

I figured it out. I had forgotten to enter my Kindle Voyage serial-number in the DeDRM tools plugin. Worked excellent after that.

Last edited by oddman5; 11-04-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:02 AM   #13
snapper1
snapper1 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
I have Calibre on Win11 and unable to load De-Drm into Calibre.I have tried the latest issue of Calibre and am now on 4.23.I have tried the latest addition of De-Drm (7.2 ) and old versions (6.-- ) when I try to load De- Drm I get a barred sign or nothing.

Mick
snapper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@Snapper1
You need to go where you got the tools for help.
MR rules prohibit providing more than the above advice.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:21 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1 View Post
I have Calibre on Win11 and unable to load De-Drm into Calibre.I have tried the latest issue of Calibre and am now on 4.23.I have tried the latest addition of De-Drm (7.2 ) and old versions (6.-- ) when I try to load De- Drm I get a barred sign or nothing.

Mick
What you want is the latest Calibre 5.x and DeDRM 10.0.2. DeDRM was taken over and is on a different Github and taken over by someone else. This is the latest official version.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote