Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Squirrelflight
Squirrelflight began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
multiple accounts on one nook color?

I'm getting the nook color for xmas and I'm wondering if you can have multiple accounts on the same nook.. I'd like a separate account for my daughter who is 9 .. one to where she only has access to books purchased on her account. Can I do that? And can I password protect the accounts? How does sharing the nook work?
Squirrelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
As far as I know you would both have access to the same books. I am not 100% sure though. One account can have up to 6 people sharing. But it is sharing an account, not separate accounts, so I don't think the books available or passwords, etc can be different.

What I have done for my niece is I load the books from my account myself via the computer, then when I go to open it asks for the email and credit card number used to buy the book. Then after that I can put other books on from my account and it seems to recognize my info automatically.

Your daughter wouldn't be able to download her own books that way, or put them on herself (unless she has access to your account).
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
The Nook does not have a "user account" feature. I noticed that the Galaxy tab does
I think you might have to get creative: different shelves; or if you root your device - perhaps use different readers? Aldiko for her books?
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote