Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-01-2024, 09:20 PM   #1
sricochet
sricochet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Scientific American unable to find script

I just wanted to start this thread for troubleshooting an issue with the Scientific American news recipe on the calibre program.

When attempting to download the recipe the error window pops up that reads "Unable to find script".

Now, I must admit I have attempted to use this recipe several times in the past few weeks, so I'm not sure if I'm being blocked by Sciam or my internet setup is not proper for this particular recipe. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 lts probably 22.04.4.

I can access the calibre content server just fine and I will confess that I'm not using a firewall or anti-virus on this machine. There is no proxy set up for calibre in Preferences>Miscellaneous. So I don't think it's something on my end.

I have had issues with Sciam before, so I'm thinking that it might be just a matter of wait a week or two and see if my requests get fulfilled.

I am keen on not waiting too long because I would like to get the march 2024 issue before it gets updated to April.

If this is the case then silence will be regarded as affirmation, if there is anything anyone can or will add that would be helpful I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Any help will be much appreciated.
sricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:25 PM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
https://github.com/unkn0w7n/calibre/...cc0662859045f8
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:52 PM   #3
sricochet
sricochet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thank you for the response, that did the trick!

Last edited by sricochet; 03-01-2024 at 11:54 PM.
sricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 01:21 AM   #4
Pacdoc
Retired Divergent
Pacdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Windows Laptop
Who responded with a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sricochet View Post
Thank you for the response, that did the trick!
Where did you see an answer or get instruction?

The previous posts were links to a mess of code
Pacdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:38 AM   #5
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
You need to update the recipe from code. It worked for me just now (I came here with the same issue).
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:52 AM   #6
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacdoc View Post
Where did you see an answer or get instruction?

The previous posts were links to a mess of code
just use the built in recipe, it always checks for updates while fetching. You don't need to customize or create a new recipe from the code. I share the github link so that you know its updated now.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:15 AM   #7
DaySleeper
Enthusiast
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
I've read that it's supposed to do that, but I've had built-in recipes fail, and were only fixed by using the code posted on github. As a result, I have a handful of "custom" recipes in use. If the built-ins always download updates, why would they fail if there was an update available?
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote