Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Wireless Device Connection binding to wrong IP

I have 2 NICs on my server only one of which actually connects to the internet. Calibre is defaulting to the incorrect NIC meaning it's defaulting to the wrong IP. The Content Server allows me to specify an IP and that works fine; by contrast the Wireless Device server doesn't (well not that I can see).

How do I tell the Wireless Device connection to use the correct IP? I tried stopping and restarting it and it still binds to the wrong one. Is there some place I can manually specify this because the address it's binding to has no internet connection and I can't seem to make it bind to the IP that has internet? Thanks.

ETA: Using Calibre 3.0 on Windows.
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobamoba View Post
I have 2 NICs on my server only one of which actually connects to the internet. Calibre is defaulting to the incorrect NIC meaning it's defaulting to the wrong IP. The Content Server allows me to specify an IP and that works fine; by contrast the Wireless Device server doesn't (well not that I can see).

How do I tell the Wireless Device connection to use the correct IP? I tried stopping and restarting it and it still binds to the wrong one. Is there some place I can manually specify this because the address it's binding to has no internet connection and I can't seem to make it bind to the IP that has internet? Thanks.

ETA: Using Calibre 3.0 on Windows.
In calibre, go to Preferences / Plugins. Search for "SmartDevice". Press "Customize plugin" and enter the IP address you want the driver to use.

That said, by default the driver binds to 0.0.0.0, which is all addresses on all NICs. I suspect something else is going wrong somewhere. If you run calibre in debug mode then you will see the full list of IP addresses visible to the device, along with the netmask and broadcast address. Something like this:
Code:
SMART_DEV (   1.99:  1.017) run All IP addresses 
{'{4AFD7AF6-F037-4FA9-B866-8B2334C445C9}': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'broadcast': u'192.168.120.4', 'addr': u'192.168.120.4'}], 
'{F0151E9B-47CA-11E7-93A5-806E6F6E6963}': [{'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'broadcast': u'127.0.0.1', 'addr': u'127.0.0.1'}]}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Adding the IP address in the plugin worked thanks. I'm not really sure why both the content server and the wireless device connection chose only one of my 2 IPs and the wrong one at that but it's all working now.

If you think it's a problem within Calibre and would like me to help debug however I'm happy to.
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote