Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #271
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Could the plugin be changed to only pick up the books in a VL?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #272
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Could the plugin be changed to only pick up the books in a VL?
I can't think of a good reason to do that and I think it would be dangerous. What happens when you don't find a book and decide to add a new book? Suddenly you have a duplicate that doesn't display in the VL. Or you modify the metadata of a book outside the VL.

Also, while I do some maintenance of this plugin, that is mainly to make sure it keeps working. I'm only doing so because the original author is absent. I'm not very interested in extending its function. If someone wants to do that, then I am very happy for them to do so.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 05:13 AM   #273
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I just got this error:

Code:
calibre, version 3.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 3.6 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Job Spy (1, 0, 75) && FanFicFare (2, 15, 0) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Import List (1, 2, 0) && Edit Columns (0, 0, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 74) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Tanja's Tools (0, 0, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_resolve", line 853, in _on_search_matches_select
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_resolve", line 857, in _on_search_matches_double_clicked
IndexError: list index out of range
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #274
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What were you doing when this happened?
Old 11-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #275
Ricky56
Ricky56 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unable to click "next" no more

I have a csv file with 252 rows exported from another DB and I want to import using Import list.
I made 3 or 4 attempts but there are always wrong input data, so I deleted each time all new items. Now I make again a correction on input and I want to make a new attempt, but the "bottom" next isn't active and I don't understand why. I restart Calibre, but with no result
Sorry for my english
Ricky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I think you are on the page to set what columns in the CSV are to match with what columns in the library. Did you click the preview button? You have to do this before you can move to the next page of the wizard.

If that isn't were you are, I need a better description. Or maybe a screen shot.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:40 AM   #277
Ricky56

Thank for the answer, I'm doing the same actions of the previous 3-4 attempts, I need to re-import again and again because there are blank value in some fields of some records that prevent a right and complete import, but the input set up is always the same and it's OK. I attach also the log af the previous import and I hope that data now is OK.
As you can see from the screenshot "next" is grey and can't click it
I also tried to reinstall the plugin.
I'm going to work so I'll be able to continue this thread this evening
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImportListScreenshot.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	159763  
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOG_ImportList.txt (1.1 KB, 208 views)
Old 11-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #278
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky56 View Post
Thank for the answer, I'm doing the same actions of the previous 3-4 attempts, I need to re-import again and again because there are blank value in some fields of some records that prevent a right and complete import, but the input set up is always the same and it's OK. I attach also the log af the previous import and I hope that data now is OK.
As you can see from the screenshot "next" is grey and can't click it
I also tried to reinstall the plugin.
I'm going to work so I'll be able to continue this thread this evening
The error is that one of the fields doesn't have a valid date in it. Are you closing the wizard between attempts? Or have you opened it, tabbed through to check and then gone back to reload the file? If that is what you are doing, then the error is probably causing it. Closing the wizard and starting again should fix this.

Otherwise, I probably need to see the CSV file. Then I can try it and see what happens here.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #279
Ricky56

I restart several times the plugin and also Calibre, but I can't see the option "newt" active as yopu can see in the screenshot
I'm sending the csv file, but it seems a problem of the software
Attached Files
File Type: zip libri02.zip (26.6 KB, 159 views)
Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #280
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I restart several times the plugin and also Calibre, but I can't see the option "newt" active as yopu can see in the screenshot
I'm sending the csv file, but it seems a problem of the software
I suspect you Finished Reading column is confusing things
It looks like it is a mish-mash:
T/F, Date (YYYY), Text

That columns destination field MUST be text
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #281
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Removed

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-02-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Duplicated
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #282
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I suspect you Finished Reading column is confusing things
It looks like it is a mish-mash:
T/F, Date (YYYY), Text

That columns destination field MUST be text
It will depend on what type of column is used. But, it looks like it should be a date. If it is, then the contents need to be something that can be converted to a date. Some of them will, but a lot of will fail.

The previous error was with the publishing date. I think just the year will work, but I need to test.

@Ricky56: I probably need to know the column types. Can you post an OPF file from one of the book directories in the library. I should be able to recreate the custom columns from that.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:48 AM   #283
Ricky56

I attached an opf file and a new versione of the csv file where I put xxx in some columns to be sure that these columns are not a problem. But the next option is always disabled
Attached Files
File Type: zip CalibreDB.zip (96.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: opf metadata.opf (2.0 KB, 351 views)
Old 11-03-2017, 03:02 AM   #284
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I attached an opf file and a new versione of the csv file where I put xxx in some columns to be sure that these columns are not a problem. But the next option is always disabled
Thanks, I will have a look at it over the weekend.

But, I am fairly sure it is to do with bad data in one or other of the columns. What you can do to test this is to remove the columns one at a time, press the preview and then see if the next button is enable. When when it does get enabled, then you can look at the data in the last column removed and see what is wrong with it.

Or, do it the other way. Start from title and author and add the columns until next doesn't get enabled after adding a column.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #285
Ricky56

Smile Finally I succeeded to import my list

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I tried with a few columns, but it didn't work
I tried with one row and next reappeared!
Then I found an empty row, deleting this row the plugin now works fine. After the correction of other wrong data I have 251 new records loaded in Calibre DB.

Tags
column types