Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #1156
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Beta version 2.3.3 order series shelves
Unhandled exception: key error: content id
Traceback
Koboutilities.action Line 1431
Ditto line 2956
Could you post the full error? Clicking the copy button on the error dialog copies the full text of the error to the clipboard ready to paste in.

Also, the Order Series Shelves only has a useful affect on a limited set of firmware versions. The date added sort has been broken for a while, so it is useless in any recent firmware version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:02 AM   #1157
Maoo
Maoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Here worked everything fine.

Kobo Aura HD firmware version: 3.19.5761
Calibre 2.64
Kobo Utilities 2.3.3
Kobo Touch Extended 2.7.2
Kobo Aura HD firmware version: 3.19.5761

Thanks!
Maoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #1158
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Could you post the full error? Clicking the copy button on the error dialog copies the full text of the error to the clipboard ready to paste in.

Also, the Order Series Shelves only has a useful affect on a limited set of firmware versions. The date added sort has been broken for a while, so it is useless in any recent firmware version.
Sorry posting from the phone, no access to the pc
But there was no other info just the usual list ofcalibre addins etc, then the key error then the traceback
Yup I'm aware of the date added not working :-)
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #1159
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Sorry posting from the phone, no access to the pc
But there was no other info just the usual list ofcalibre addins etc, then the key error then the traceback
Yup I'm aware of the date added not working :-)
OK. Happily it was obvious when I looked at the code. Attached is a beta that fixes this. Tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta.zip (203.2 KB, 576 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #1160
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
OK. Happily it was obvious when I looked at the code. Attached is a beta that fixes this. Tell me how it goes.
Ok, thank you :-)
May be a few days before I'm back at my calibre pc but i'll definitely confirm.
Cheers, Steve
Old 08-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #1161
Stevex
Addict

Fixed in 2.3.4
Old 08-20-2016, 07:10 AM   #1162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.4.0

I have just uploaded version 2.4.0 of the plugin. The changes are those in the recent betas. These are:
  • Fix: Error deleting trigger.
  • Fix: No progress bar for series management.
  • Change: Change database reading to use the apsw library instead of sqlite3 library. This is to match changes in the KoboTouch driver.
  • Change: Better handling of the progress bar.
  • Fix: Timestamp issues when updating metadata.

Calibre should present the update in the next hour or so. As usual, if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #1163
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.4.1 - Quick fix

As part of a calibre bug report, I was told that the function to create the database trigger to block the analytics was broken. This is a quick update is to fix this. There are no other changes.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #1164
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Now, the Extended Driver has the feature to ignore some collections at the device. It can be very useful for me because I though this was the best way to mark a book with 1/2 star (yes, I'm strange in that way, I know).

@davidfor, do you think it is feasible to modify the function at this plugin that gets the book status to check if a book is in a specific collection and update another column? I'm not requesting it, but thinking about doing it myself but first, I would like to know if you think it won't be too much overload at the connection.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #1165
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Now, the Extended Driver has the feature to ignore some collections at the device. It can be very useful for me because I though this was the best way to mark a book with 1/2 star (yes, I'm strange in that way, I know).
No, that's part of the main KoboTouch driver as of calibre 2.65. It has been asked for occasionally, and something recently made me think of how to do it.
Quote:
@davidfor, do you think it is feasible to modify the function at this plugin that gets the book status to check if a book is in a specific collection and update another column? I'm not requesting it, but thinking about doing it myself but first, I would like to know if you think it won't be too much overload at the connection.
Is this because of Kobo removing the ratings of sideloaded books? You want to put them into a collection on the device for each rating and then fetch that to calibre library?

There is already a function to get all the collections into a tag-like column. That gets all collections. Adding some sort of selection would probably do what you want. Either a match criteria, or a dialog to select the collections. Then copy the matched or selected collection names to the column.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:20 AM   #1166
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, that's part of the main KoboTouch driver as of calibre 2.65. It has been asked for occasionally, and something recently made me think of how to do it.
I see a message later and I remembered it. I knew I had seen it but I don't know how.

Quote:
Is this because of Kobo removing the ratings of sideloaded books? You want to put them into a collection on the device for each rating and then fetch that to calibre library?
No, I'm still at 3.11 for keeping ratings. It's for half star (3 1/2, for example), but that's the idea.

Quote:
There is already a function to get all the collections into a tag-like column. That gets all collections. Adding some sort of selection would probably do what you want. Either a match criteria, or a dialog to select the collections. Then copy the matched or selected collection names to the column.
Thank you, I think I can use that. I'll look at it. Perhaps I get bored before finishing, but I'm going to check.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #1167
vb20
vb20 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi
since I installed the latest version of Kobo ebooks utilities, the reading positions are not update when I connect my kobo glo hd.

Yet I have not changed anything

Is that someone could help me
How to get an older version of the plugin?

thank you
vb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #1168
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, @davidfor, I've already been able to get the info I want with some minor changes. With this and the device changes, I've automated a bit more my book process.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 AM   #1169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb20 View Post
Hi
since I installed the latest version of Kobo ebooks utilities, the reading positions are not update when I connect my kobo glo hd.

Yet I have not changed anything

Is that someone could help me
How to get an older version of the plugin?
There were no changes to the that affect storing the reading position, so going back to an older version of the plugin is unlikely to help. We need to work out what is happening and fix that.

So, some questions:

- Are you using the automatic store when the device is connected? If so, is this running but not finding any changes? Or does it no longer run?
- Are you also using the automatic backup? If so, is it running?
- When the device is connected, does the calibre library show the books on the device?
- Do any errors occur at any time?
- With the device connected, open the plugin configuration and go to the second tab. In the list of devices, does it show you device and show it as connected?
- Do you have more than one Kobo device? And are they configured separately?
- Does the first page of the configuration show the correct columns for storing the reading status?

I'm expecting that either the configuration has been lost somehow, or the device is not being picked up properly. Calibre puts a couple of files on the device and if these are lost, the plugin can lose which device it is. This means you can need to recheck the configuration.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #1170
vb20
vb20 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Yes i'm using the automatic store when the device is connected so i have the massage "no change found"
I don't using the automatic backup.
And the calibre library show the books on the device when il is connected.
the second tab of le plugin show device as connected and i have only one kobo.
And the four columns to store informations for reading books are ok.
What can i do?
Thanks
vb20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities