Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
Does this feature already exist?

I often find myself jumping into a bunch of different books, while I'm looking for a particular item, and then I find I've messed up my "most recently read" list with all those useless titles. Is there a way to remove items from the "most recently read" list (other than editing it on the PC when the PB360 is connected)? Or some way to open a book and indicate "don't remember this in the list"?

Or should this go on the "wanted features" list (if anyone else wants it...)?

Thanks!
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I think the [Settings] - [Maintenance] - [Clean state] option will clear the 'recently read' list, but it's an all-or-nothing kind of option, I think. It may also clear other things as well (bookmarks???). I'm not sure because I don't tend to use them myself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think the [Settings] - [Maintenance] - [Clean state] option will clear the 'recently read' list, but it's an all-or-nothing kind of option, I think. It may also clear other things as well (bookmarks???). I'm not sure because I don't tend to use them myself.
Yep, it's an all or nothing thing.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yep, it's an all or nothing thing.
Sounds like it is needed to move this feature on the "wanted features" list. I'd like to have such option also
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Is it feasible, being it so that the variety of themes makes the number of titles in the "last read" list variable? The official theme has two, I have 7, other themes have less or more...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
What I had envisioned was either:
1. When opening the book, a long press (which already brings up a menu) would have the choice "Open without Remembering" or something like that, or
2. A tool or utility that you would select that would show the full list of the last opened, with checkboxes next to each one, and you could select one (or more, or all) of the items and hit the "Remove From Recently Read" button, and it would delete all the checked items.

I don't know if it's theme-specific as to how many books are kept in the "Recently Read" list - I had imagined that only how many are shown on the main page is theme-specific...
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Logseman... If I've understood you correctly...

It's hard to see how to do that given the way Themes currently work. When I wrote my own Theme recently I had to specifically define:
  • the total screen area and position available to display all the recently-read items (avoiding the menu buttons).
  • the screen area and position of a single recently-read item

I also had to provide different settings for when the PB360 was in Portrait or Landscape mode.

The total recently-read area then gets filled with as many items as will fit.

If the max number that would fit was 7 and you only wanted 5 then you would still be left with empty screen where the remaining 2 would have been, which doesn't seem to offer any benefits.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I meant that it must be harder to wipe the "last read" list if you don't have a fixed amount of books which can be shown in it, but the number is different for every theme. I didn't know that it was necessary to tweak so many things to build a theme!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Writing my own Theme redefined the word 'tedious' ...but I wasn't prepared to give up till it was done