Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Was the Giza Pyramid a power plant?

I have heard for a long time the Great Pyramid was not a tomb, and was much different then the other Pyramids.

Well I just heard this one today while watching a program on History Channel. Along with other claims Mr. Dunn made (Egyptians used large saws to cut granite), this was something that really caught my eye. I wonder if I can find this in Ebook form, but I was wondering what other scientific minds think about this?

Here is his book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1879181509/

and His official website/

http://www.gizapower.com/

Also let me say I do not share the views of this, I just thought it was VERY interesting concept.

Last edited by rock; 04-20-2010 at 10:29 PM.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Make sure you wear a tinfoil hat while reading.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"The Egyptians used large saws to cut granite" (that's still the way that granite is cut today, by the way) is rather a different sort of claim to "the great pyramid is a power plant", don't you think?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Shades of Erich von Däniken ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
I have heard for a long time the Great Pyramid was not a tomb, and was much different then the other Pyramids.
Well, until today it is not proven that the Great pyramid was a tomb.
No mummy, no burial artifacts, not even wall inscriptions typical for other burial places were ever found in the great pyramid. It does not mean that it was not a tomb, it only means we do not have a direct proof at the moment. Most probably generations of grave-robbers obliterated any proof that might have been there.

I have read an interesting theory, from some French scientist, that the blocks the pyramid is build with are in fact a special type of concrete. He even patented the concrete. In the meanwhile a huge pit - a stone quarry was discovered next to the pyramid. The problem was, the quarry where they mined the granite was later filled with all the rubble left after the pyramid was finished. That is why it was only discovered a few years ago.

I have seen a nice program on Discovery where they demonstrated how the blocks were cut. The ground was weakened by a fire and water combination and then it was pounded with dolomite boulders. The dolomite boulders were roughly the size of an average cabbage and were held in two hands by a person squatting on ground. An unbelievably primitive process. If you count how many blocks there are inside the pyramid and how long it takes to pound out a single block out of the ground using only other stones there is no wonder there are so many interesting theories.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

With so much cheap labor there's nothing that can't be done.
You could even build... the Great Pyramid itself.

Tombs inside pyramids are generally full of traps, well hidden and there are usually fake tombs. It could be that in this case it's just too well hidden.

There is absolutely no proof that it is anything but a grave.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Well I just heard this one today while watching a program on History Channel.
Rock, could you please post the name of the program?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Hey Harry, he says a power plant and by saws, he means big round saws, like mechanical ones used at plants.

Also he is not saying anything about aliens, just they were more advance then people give them credit for.

The show was Ancient Aliens, but he never said aliens, the had the ancient aliens theorist use his theory to further theirs.

Basically he says the shafts leading the the queens chamber were filled with zinc, and I forget the other compound, to create hydrogen, then the hydrogen would go out the kings chamber shaft where it could be harnessed.

Interesting theory as the quens chamber they did find salt residue on all the walls.

Also why should we just assume it was a tomb? If it was assumed that the illiad was a just grand story, then troy would have never been found. I am not saying it isn't but if evidence isn't there you still look for other reasons.

Also I typed this from my droid, so please forgive any typos.

Also disclaimer again, I do not support claims by Mr: Dunn, just find it interesting.

Also this is not the exact Saw he is talking about, but same principle. They had a Saw in the queries, where they could push the stone into. What he says you had workers turning the say with basically a rope and crank while other workers pushed the stone into the saw.

Last edited by rock; 04-21-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Delta Tango
Groupie

There are reasons to believe they had saws but not circular. What they did find some evidence to was basically just straight piece of copper (which, by chance, was naturally alloyed) which they ran over stones. They used sand for saw teeth.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
There are reasons to believe they had saws but not circular. What they did find some evidence to was basically just straight piece of copper (which, by chance, was naturally alloyed) which they ran over stones. They used sand for saw teeth.
There's an old water-powered stone-cutting mill near where I live in the NW of England, and that's basically exactly the way that it, too, worked. The motive power was water rather than muscle, but some technologies just work so well that there's really no reason to change them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Delta Tango
Groupie

OMG, IT IS TRUE!!!!

The Egyptians did use contemporary technology !!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
OMG, IT IS TRUE!!!!

The Egyptians did use contemporary technology !!
Everyone, everywhere, everywhen has been found to use contemporary technology.

It would be finding some use of anachronistic technology that would be news

The power-plant idea is nuts. No, I haven't read his book. I'm just calling it nuts on general principles.

But the great pyramid is weird. For a site that has really good data on it, see http://www.cheops.org/

It hasn't got the best navigation, but it does have some wonderful data, including pictures of the exploration of the strange shafts leading from the two chambers.

I just wish they could get permission to go back and do more exploration.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I think its pretty obvious they used pyramid power to cut the blocks to make the pyramid. That's why there are so many of them. You need a big pyramid to make a great pyramid. You need a medium pyramid to make a big one. You need a small pyramid to make a medium one. And you need a wee bitty pyramid to make a small one. The real mystery isn't how they made the great pyramid, but how they made the wee bitty ones.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
rock
Addict

yeah I posted that cheops site before. Good stuff.

It is nuts, but still interesting someone can come up with that idea.

I think it is nuts because he talked about how they formed the energy, but how did they capture it after it left the pyramid? what the heck was it used for? It doesn't make much sense, but I want to kind of read it to see how far out it is.

here is the link I posted in another thread.

http://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-...t-pyramid.html

Last edited by rock; 04-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Naw! They used lasers, powered by the pyramid power plant ... wait a minute, that creates a chicken-egg conundrum!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote