Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Michele Clinco
Michele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with others

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, DR1000S, Kindle 3 & 4NT, Various Android devices
Feature request: white on black

Hallo guys!
Thanks for your excellent work.

I have a request:

A friend of mine is visually impaired, so the capability to increase the font size makes an e-ink device a better choice than plain paper books.

The only remark is that he can read reversed (white on black) text better than the standard black in white.

I believe that it is common to many visually impaired persons because the high contrast modes predefined in WIndows for them, for example, have this charateristic.

Is it possible to implement the 'reverse' in Openinpot?

Ciao, Michele
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wish this could be done for my 505.
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
This can already be done in Coolreader.

To try it out, long-press the number of the book you want to open, and choose 2. CR3 (which is CoolReader). The, press Menu -> 8. Settings ; 3. Inverse display; and press OK.

Done!

Doesn't work (yet) in FBReader, though.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Michele Clinco
Michele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with othersMichele Clinco plays well with others

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, DR1000S, Kindle 3 & 4NT, Various Android devices
It works!

I did not see it because I was using a Mobipocket files. With an rtf I was able to see that also the standard BeBook firmware uses another version CoolReader where the "reverse" was also present.

Thank you for the hint.

Bye!