Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Bebook Reflash Problem [SOLVED]

Hi,

I am having problems upgrading my bebook and in an attempt to try different things I flashed OpenInkpot on the device.

Unfortunately it experienced the same problem.

Now I am attempting to revert to the Bebook firmware.

However, when I insert my sd card, power up, and depress V+ I do not get a flash screen. Instead I see a picture of our fried TUX and reams and reams of mostly unintelligible messages.

So how do I reflash with a OpenInkpot install?

Have I brick'd this device?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Duh!

It must be late - I was not fast enough with the V+ key. My bad.

Apologies for my lack of coordination.
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
FYI: it is easier to press V+, press reboot and then release V+
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by garthoid View Post
... in an attempt to try different things I flashed OpenInkpot on the device.
The OpenInkpot firmware only works (for now) on the original V3 with 64 mb of internal memory. The BeBook, as far as I know, has always come with 512 mb of internal memory, so the OpenInkpot firmware will not work. The OpenInkpot people are planning to include the newer V3's with 512 mb in the future, after a bit more development on the 64 mb models.