Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Other file types and 2.3.2

By accident, I put a text file and a HTML file on my Glo. I didn't realise this until I opened the library list. They were the first two items on the list. Previous firmware versions showed them on the home screen. That is bug #1.

Bug #2, is that the HTML file showed with the file names as the title. I am sure that in previous versions it used the title from the tags in file.

Bug #3 is the reason I noticed these books. In the library list, instead of having the menu icons on the line for these books, there is a big "Buy Now" button. Pressing that connects to the net and eventually displays a 404 page (which I don't consider a bug).

This is with firmware 2.3.2 but it is probably in 2.3.1.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
David does the Glo read the text and HTML files that you've put on?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How did I miss that? Yes, it did open the files with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Bug #3 is the reason I noticed these books. In the library list, instead of having the menu icons on the line for these books, there is a big "Buy Now" button. Pressing that connects to the net and eventually displays a 404 page (which I don't consider a bug).

This is with firmware 2.3.2 but it is probably in 2.3.1.
I had something similar to this appear too on 2.3.2 . . although my circumstances were slightly different. I found an author who had written a trilogy that I wanted to read. Kobo only had one of the books in their shop so I got that and then bought the other 2 elsewhere.

After updating to 2.3.2, I was looking through my shelves and noticed the shelf for this author and it said 5 books. Well I *knew* I had only purchased 3 so I went in to have a nosey. The 2 books that I had NOT bought from Kobo were displayed as you said but the button said 'download'. I didn't press it as I don't use wifi but I did select the book and it opened up to an advert the same as those that are displayed in the desktop app. The cover of the book, the blurb, the rating stars and the 'not interested' button.

I had to click not interested and connect to the desktop app to get rid.

I also had a new shelf appear of an author that I had downloaded an excerpt from and then deleted as it wasn't for me. Same thing inside the shelf as above.

Have since gone back to 2.1.5.

Last edited by Willa; 01-16-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: clarification - need more coffee
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How did I miss that? Yes, it did open the files with no problems.
Thanks, I've only loaded epubs and pdf's so far, and was unsure about other formats.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert