Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Help needed: Send ebooks via email

This is my idea:

You have an email address only for use with your device (one email for each device).

You send with Calibre (or any other tool, even by hand) one ebook via email to that address.

Once you want to receive the sent ebooks, you go to Applications and launchs updater. This program takes all emails, parse them and save locally the sent ebooks.

My idea is to do it with QT, that is Boox Framework and I'm comfortable with QT (not in Linux but in Win/Mac).

However, QT does not have any POP3 library and/or IMAP, then doing it all manually exceeds my free time.

I would like if someone knows a command line email client. I need to control it via my program to get emails, and get body and attachments. Ideally it will take only one email on each call and save body and attachment. Then my program will take attached file and put in a local folder.

I will need body for some reason:
sd=1
folder=/Science Fiction/Asimov
name=Nightfall.epub

That way, doing a Calibre plugin (that can be used to add this feature to other ebook readers), user can "inject" each ebook in desired location.

Other approach will be to build a file manager and move them from download area into desired folder, but above stuff is more practical.

However I need an email client compatible with ARM, linux and command line control.

Does any know one (or any POP3 library for QT)?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Hi rfog,

Let me offer a recommendation in place of this software work. Just open up a separate email account (such as at gmail) and send e-books via email to this account. Use the web based interface via the Onyx Boox web browser to open each email and download the book or books to your Onyx Boox e-reader.

Granted the e-books will go into the downloads directory and will then have to be moved manually to where ever you want to put them, but this is fairly easy to do on the M92 or i62HD.

If you need to load a bunch of e-books, then I would recommend you side load them with a program like Calibre since it will be more productive to do the loading this way, especially considering the extra battery power which would be required to do the downloading and extra processing.

While this solution is not elegant, it's easy to do and can be implemented without any additional programming.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There is similar utility on the PocketBook. Look here for more details. It uses mpop and ripmime . Maybe you can use something of it for your purposes.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
It uses mpop and ripmime . Maybe you can use something of it for your purposes.
I can also suggest fetchmail for getting the emails and procmail for processing them.
This can probably be done using only the ui_primitives, that can be downloaded from the wiki, with no additional QT at all. I'm not sure how you can start and stop the wifi connection without opening the web browser, but it is indeed possible, so we can check it out later (did anybody already solve this?).

Hope this helps! Ciao
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote