Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
s1mp13m4n
Zealot
s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Buying books for a K3?

Hello everyone. My wife and I own a K3. We are both interested in books on prayer and praying. I found what we want from the Kindle store, however I have some questions. Do I buy one copy for us both to share or do you have to buy two copies of the book you want so both of us can use it? I have Calibre and I realize there is a legal and moral issue with striping DRM, but I do not know how to do that, so that is out of the question. What other places can I look that may carry the books we are looking for? Thanks for the help.
s1mp13m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
as i understand, you two can register your kindles to the same account, so you'd only need one copy to view.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Buy one copy. Amazon explicitly allows you to put your Kindle purchases on up to 6 different devices (pending publisher restrictions).

If you and your wife would like to keep separate accounts for housekeeping purposes (not overriding each others' sync/highlights, different tastes in books and purchase budgets), you can just do the de-register/re-register swapping trick to get a properly DRM-ed copy of the book to put on the "other" Kindle, which is again something that Amazon allows.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
s1mp13m4n
Zealot
s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.

OK I registered my Kindle on her account, bought the book and it was sent to my Kindle. I deregistered and went back to my account and I still have the book. I now have it on both Kindles. Thanks for the help. Now I need to learn about DRM. LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Breaking DRM is a sin.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Is it a mortal sin?
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Is it a mortal sin?
With a name like "devine" you tell us?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Breaking DRM is a sin.
I don't recall Jesus ever mentioning it :-)

PS just out of interest - do e-bibles have DRM ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
If you want to liberate your Kindle books search Youtube for "Starko Kindle DRM Guide" - VERY EASY
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Search for Osnova bibles at Amazon for the Direct Verse Jump versions.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
s1mp13m4n
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
If you want to liberate your Kindle books search Youtube for "Starko Kindle DRM Guide" - VERY EASY
I looked at this guide and it did not work for me. I am running Linux and do not have Windows. K4PC for some reason that I can not figure out will not work under Wine. I am not a Linux nerd, I wish I were because I might be able to make all of this work. I have tried VirtualBox but can not make that work right either. I will keep trying and thanks for the help.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Look up Apprentice Alf. Easiest method available with step by step instructions. It took me 30 minutes to get up and running.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
cavi
Connoisseur
cavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enoughcavi will become famous soon enough

Device: prs600
http://www.ebook-converter.com/?id=82
This program is very simple and cheap.
cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Apprentice Alf tells you how to do it for free
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
s1mp13m4n
Zealot

I am using Linux folks, these options are not working under Wine in Linux so I can use a Windows program. It is not like I need to remove the DRM, but why not learn as I have purchased the file for myself.