Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
shore_pk
Enthusiast
shore_pk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Searching a bible

Recently I saw a thread here somewhere that talked about searching the bible on an ereader using bible references such as Mt 6:33. I can't find that thread now.

I have the Kindle 3 and I've downloaded the free ESV version at Amazon. I can't remember now if the thread said which version they were using.

Does anyone know about doing this or recall where I might find that thread. (I tried the search but was unsuccessful).

TY,

Linda
shore_pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Osnova

I think it could be this one.

Last edited by desertblues; 11-28-2010 at 05:00 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Osnova Bibles

Go to Amazon and search for Osnova Bibles and you will find them all fit for the Kindle.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
shore_pk
Enthusiast

TY. I found KJV and World English Bible available with Direct Verse Jump. Are there any others?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Three DVJ Bibles I purchased

I purchased the following DVJ Bibles:

1. KJV
2. NET
3. Unabridged Matthew Henry Commentary
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_pk View Post
TY. I found KJV and World English Bible available with Direct Verse Jump. Are there any others?
Hi, there. Please look at the available publications on osnova.com. You may want to visit it from time to time as I am working to add more publications to the list.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
shore_pk
Enthusiast

TY. I downloaded the Net bible and it looks great. ONe thing though, when you click on a number that takes you to a note is there a way to get back to the verse you came from quickly? I haven't been able to find a way to do that.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard

Back button

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_pk View Post
TY. I downloaded the Net bible and it looks great. ONe thing though, when you click on a number that takes you to a note is there a way to get back to the verse you came from quickly? I haven't been able to find a way to do that.
Just use the Back button.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
shore_pk
Enthusiast

Funny, I tried that several times and it didn't work. I exchanged my new Kindle for a different one because the printing of letters on the keyboard was wearing off (after 1 week). I just tried the back button the replacement Kindle and it worked.

TY!